Nebraska woman is suing every gay person in America

I wasn’t being serious. I was making a joke to point out that the woman is a hypocrite. Being without sin is an impossible standard according to be bible.

I wonder if her ultimate goal was to out as many gay people as possible. If so, this was not the way to do it.

3 Likes

1 Like

Oh, as opposed to what Jesus himself is said to have said about homosexuality. Which is *checks notes* absolutely nothing. He did say a lot about tolerance and how weaponizing the bible really ground his gears.

10 Likes

more accurate

8 Likes

The pads need to be red but otherwise they are just perfect. Sweet jeebus, I have trouble imagining anyone wearing those but hey…wonder how they’d sell with a picture of trump in the dead center of the pads?

2 Likes

Oh my god, guys, the linked article includes a link to a pdf of the filing and it. is. incredible.

First off, it’s written on lined notebook paper, and entirely in cursive. I don’t know how y’all do shit in Nebraska, but a lot of clerks in California would reject a filing if the hole-punches are too far apart, so there’s that.

Right off, she lists the Plaintiffs and Defendants, which she consistently spells as if they were singular possessive. The Defendant’s [sic] are listed as “Homosexuals”, “Their Given Name Homosexuals”, and finally “Their, Alis Gay” which I’m guessing is a misspelling of Alias? John Doe defendants are one thing, but holy crap. She also lists herself as a Plaintiff, despite claiming to represent the other plaintiffs.

This woman has never seen a comma she didn’t like. She punctuates “God and His Son” as “God, and His, Son.”

She starts every paragraph with a sequential number, in most cases followed by “Ambassador:” which does not mean anything. Lawyers don’t start every paragraph of a pleading with “Attorney:” The numbered paragraphs are a nice touch, but that doesn’t make this pleading paper.

In the first paragraph, she misspells Plaintiffs as Plintiff’s. She also drops an S from “United States” and “Nebraska”.

Paragraph four just tells the judge to look at paragraph 3 again, then repeats the the line she wants the judge to look at. That is the only thing paragraph 4 does.

The rest of the pleading is too tedious to be funny, but hoo boy, did someone watch a bunch of “Law & Order” reruns and think, “I can do that.”

14 Likes

You probably do not want to be anywhere in the vicinity when the warrant is served

1 Like

Lol yeah, what about those of us who are in gay marriages because we haven’t had our legal documentation updated to reflect our gender transitions!?

4 Likes

Even more accurate

12 Likes

Some days you just feel like posting weird old comics, I guess.

Shortpacked! - Sash

7 Likes

I will be filling a counter suit with the help of my new firm, Beelzebub, Inc. We’ll be arguing that God is dead and, therefore, has no standing in this case.

2 Likes

Crank cases like this get brought all the time and fail at the first step for a whole lot of reasons - standing, jurisdiction, etc. before we even get to specific problems in this case, e.g. how does one sue a class of people? It’s like a reverse class action suit. You could sue an individual or an organization (i.e. that has a leadership) - but you can’t exactly serve every gay person in America, so… Also she claimed to be representing - i.e. acting on behalf of - another entity, God, and couldn’t prove it.

True. At least one US court ruled that was because, as a foreign prince, he wasn’t subject to US courts.

9 Likes
2 Likes

Mostly He just seems to want all the electron orbitals to be the right shape

5 Likes

Dumbest_Fucking_Thing

15 Likes

She’ll cut to the chase in her brief and say, “anyone who’s not like me.”

2 Likes

It’ll be fun when they ask whose authority she’s citing.
“God.”
“Which one?”
“From the Bible!”
“Yes, but which one?”
“There is only one True God!”
“Do you refer to The God of Abraham? The God of The Israelites? The Lord of Hosts? Or…”
Could take a while but God is a “jealous people” so they’d all want a mention.

3 Likes

Fun fact, in many passages of the bible, the word “foot” is a euphemism for penis, much like “thigh” is often a euphemism for vagina or womb.

So it’s entirely plausible that jesus really loved giving handjobs to his bros.

7 Likes

Wash my feet.”

:flushed:

13 Likes