Negativland's "This is Not Normal"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/11/negativlands-this-is-not-n.html

6 Likes

“This is the NEW normal.”

3 Likes

A wise man once said…

If you’re normal, I intend to be a freak for the rest of my life, and I shall baffle you with cabbages and rhinoceroses in the kitchen, incessant quotations from “Now We Are Six” through the mouthpiece of Lord Snooty’s giant poisoned electric head. So there.

That was the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band. I can’t remember which particular wise man it was, but we had plenty of them back then.

4 Likes

Sounds like Vivian Stanshall to me.

Yes, Koyaanisqatsi scored by Boards of Canada.

1 Like

Not to get poltical, but I feel like it’s normal for the US govt. to do horrible things to other people on a routine basis.

1 Like

And on at least a magnitude greater scale. It’s just easier to dismiss that fact when it’s people with darker skin pigmentation, living far away, who are dying.

I’m sad I Negativland’s 2020 tour got postponed due to COVID-19, but I’m glad they are 10-8 after the past several years worth of tragedy and the Weatherman’s recent hospitalization.

this was great , a must see !! i cried , l laughed , i cried again , etc !! some harshness , but a limited amount , worthy i proclaim loudly , or in all upper case , or a bold version of a different font , slightly larger - - - this was good !
WORTHY

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.