Neil Diamond sings special coronavirus version of "Sweet Caroline"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/23/neil-diamond-sings-special-cor.html

6 Likes

Dr. FeelGood pulls it out for the team.

4 Likes

Slightly NSFW, the Australian 2002 version but without handwashing–still funny:

9 Likes

National hero.

1 Like

Talking of Dr Feelgood - You Shouldn’t Call the Doctor (If You Can’t Afford the Bills).

When you’re dying of a dreadful disease
You don’t worry 'bout the medical fees
And it’s too late to change your mind the doctors pulling down the blind
And your temperature is rising to a hundred degrees

2 Likes

Funny thing is that Diamond considered medicine as a career if the songwriting thing didn’t pan out.

“If this darn songwriting thing hadn’t come up, I would have been a doctor now.”

" His first life ambition was medicine, as he once told talk show host Larry King, “I actually wanted to be a laboratory biologist. I wanted to study. And I really wanted to find a cure for cancer. My grandmother had died of cancer. And I was always very good at the sciences. And I thought I would go and try and discover the cure for cancer.”"

6 Likes

Thanks for that - he even sounds a bit like Neil!

1 Like

Ah Tripod. I forget how I found them but I’ve enjoyed all their stuff since I found out about them.

3 Likes

How could he not sing “Sweet Quarantine” instead of “Caroline?” You wasted a perfectly good opportunity to pun, Neil Diamond!

7 Likes

“Sweet Quaran-tyne…” Nice to see Neil still playing.

2 Likes

Rabbithole alert: they have a podcast

2 Likes

I accept your rabbithole!

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.