Netflix He-Man reboot hews close to original formula

I’ve been commenting on this thread but I have no recollection of the show at all. All I remember is the toys.

Whenever I happened to have both halves of the sword I would try to click them together and they always kind of bent away from each other.

1 Like

I completely agree the early criticism of the new character design - and based on that how bad the show would be - were dumb. There is a subset of people on the internet that just want to shit on everything because it is new/different and thus “bad”. :confused:

1 Like

It worked even worse when your dog got ahold of one of the swords.

So many accessories chomped by the dog… She never chewed on the figures, though.

2 Likes

Even as a kid, I hated He-Man, and only Skeletor had any flavor as a character in the entire show. My friends and I all thought He-man looked incredibly silly and, of course, the plots were hot garbage.

The She-Ra reboot was fucking brilliant; they could have done much better with He-Man, even if they’re that scared of being a bit “woke”.

2 Likes

Sure, but in this case, there were specific complaints that a cartoon for pre-teen girls wasn’t “sexy” enough. Some men literally think the whole world revolves around their dicks and it’s pretty exhausting.

5 Likes

http://skeletorislove.com/

7 Likes

Frottage, eh? Kinky

I can agree with that, I would want some gay characters and it’s ok and He-Man deals with different sort of masculinity in a non-toxic way.

Like many people he’s changed since he discovered Twitter.

8 Likes

It is challenging to NOT read that in Skeletor’s voice.

2 Likes
8 Likes

So, one thing I forgot about and recently reminded of - there are two He-Man shows in the works.

The one mentioned here, directed by Kevin Smith, is supposed to be a direct sequel to the 80s cartoons and comics. So it is supposed to a direct nostalgia bomb of the olds stuff.

There is another show that will be CGI by Dreamworks that is supposed to be a kid oriented show. Presumably, they will be taking it in a less derivative direction.

1 Like

6 Likes

That’s actually not the most shocking secret about He-Man’s hair.

7 Likes

The best use for He-Man
Screen Shot 2021-05-15 at 09.50.55

1 Like

Still waiting for…

5 Likes

looks to mug on desk

Correct!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.