Neurosurgeon has brain-computer interface installed in his own head

So this is what @shaddack has been up to, lately!

5 Likes

Totally. And then he ships his kid off to live with his parents! Worf is full of contradictions. And awesomeness.

4 Likes

Sounds quite terminal.

ā€œDoctor, if the artificial intelligence in the arms is as advanced as you suggest couldnā€™t that make you vulnerable to them?ā€

ā€œHow right you are. Which is why I developed this inhibitor chip to protect my higher brain function. It means I maintain control of these arms, instead of them controlling me.ā€

I know Doc Ock was trying to create sustainable energy for the good of the world which is quite a big thing but I donā€™t know why everyone overlooked his amazing brain controlled prosthetics. That for some would have been a greater contribution to the world, I guess Iā€™m trying to say that I want some extra robot arms.

3 Likes

Right now on Doctor Who, thereā€™s a plot device of a square of white chocolate that melts into your forehead and makes you immortal.

He probably should have looked up ā€œData diodeā€ before attaching them to himself.

An unbelievably annoying thing to have to design around; used only if you canā€™t help it; but when itā€™s your brain on the line Iā€™d say that you might be facing one of those times.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.