New badges?

Aww, I though I was special for a moment. At least they could shuffle the order around so it doesn’t look… samey.

7 Likes

:eight_pointed_black_star: Earned ‘Whiner’

19 Likes

Nice. I like how you did that.

2 Likes

If you look a little closer you may see a star for “Winner” as well.

8 Likes

How is it that there are more mutants with the Empathetic badge than Regulars? I know about the technical requirements, but “500 liked posts and a superlative like ratio” seems like they should be shoe-ins. Poor bastards. And I don’t even have the badge.

7 Likes

Wouldn’t I have you all slayed there?

5 Likes

This is not correct. No idea how its works, but just got all three badges at one. Darn, and I was only testing how the first one was working :wink:

2 Likes

W00t.

10 Likes

Indeed, like that.

4 Likes

Good company, eh? How did we do that? I don’t even remember running out of likes that many times, but I guess I did?

6 Likes

I’m sure I’m in good company :wink:

4 Likes

My guess? They gave up keeping up with the questions thread (our very own ‘climbing the Everest’), which by itself is probably half the BBS content.

6 Likes

This is weird. I just got the “Out of Love” badge 9 hours ago, and it seems that most of the “Out of Love” badges showed up 9 hours ago, except for a few of the elite Free-Like advocates who got theirs a couple days ago.

But while I’ve been very free with my likes recently, I don’t recall ever getting the “Maximum number of Likes” notice while liking posts. Maybe I hit exactly the maximum likes in 24 hours at some point without liking that one more post that would have warned me about it?

8 Likes

I got “Crazy in love”, and I don’t think I’ve even maxed out five times.

But my oddly viral link keeps creeping closer to the “famous link” level:

Having a link that’s famous purely for the sake of self-propagating curiosity seems fitting, somehow. Only five others have been granted, not including main posts.

5 Likes

this exact thing happened to me today.

I’ve been active in the Associate! Associate! thread lately, but not that much. Like you, I didn’t get a notification/warning that I had used them up. I really don’t think I did. But I got a badge today.

@sam @codinghorror

6 Likes

The one guess I have that might make sense is that it’s searched everybody’s “like” history retrospectively for a time when they used them up - but I don’t really remember doing that at any point.

1 Like

hm, but then wouldn’t it have showed up with all the other retroactively-awarded badges which were the impetus for this thread a few days ago?

plus I’ve never run out at any point in the past.

coupled with the fact that that only one Out Of Love badge was awarded on the first day (when, as I noted then, many people had been complaining about running out for years) makes it seem like buggy code.

3 Likes

This might actually explain why I’m not a Regular at this point, when I have been almost obsessively opening and reading nearly every new thread. I have in fact been daunted by the Questions thread and some of the other game threads.

11 Likes

I just don’t have any interest in that thread. doesn’t mean that we aren’t “regular” here by any usual definition of that term. but only those who slog thru that thread get the edit abilities and whatever else.

eh, if I ever need those functions, I’m down with everyone with that status so I can just ask, I guess.

2 Likes

I honestly don’t know on the “like related” badges, as I did max out at least 20 times in 24 hours when I earned all three. None of the earlier ones showed up until “Crazy in Love”, then all three at once. (That seemed a little weird.)

I do know the first time I hit regular, my scroll finger went numb…

6 Likes