New bulletproof SUV for suburban moms comes with pepper spray cannons and more

Originally published at: New bulletproof SUV for suburban moms comes with pepper spray cannons and more | Boing Boing

9 Likes

Pedro Laughing GIF by Brand MKRS creative agency

21 Likes

The pepper spray cannons would be illegal in Canada. Hopefully they’d be turned back at the border.

27 Likes

So it’s a consumer version of this?

12 Likes

I think that the electrified door handles also seem like that might not be legal, and there’s always a risk that even if it were if someone had a heart attack or medical emergency because of the shock i would imagine that a lawsuit would soon follow.

19 Likes

Caution. Shocking graphic violence.

14 Likes

The Marauder is a ground up military grade machine which is likely at the top of its class. This is based on an Escallade?! So I don’t think it would be a fair fight. But hey it still looks cool, probably has a bit better mileage.

3 Likes

Did you mention special compartments for your AR15’s? They are included aren’t they? I would also expect the JR 15’s for the kiddies, you know the downsized AR 15’s made to be kid friendly, for the killer that is. And a flag and some apple pie, cause if this doesn’t scream America nothing does.
I wish I didn’t need to include /s but…

11 Likes

I won’t be googling it, but I have questions.

• Would this be categorised as an unusually malign SUV, or an unusually pathetic technical?
  • Are they hoping to sell it to campus cops, or is it more for Turkish gangsters?
  • Is it based on a low-end SUV model, or will they be losing money selling it for $300k?
  • Does it come in colors other than tactical?
6 Likes

“Rezvani Vengeance”

This looks and sounds like the entire design department really needs a massive kick in the balls.

It is no coincidence that the rise in SUV sales comes with an alarming rise in the number of pedestrians being killed on the roads.

This will probably be used as an argument that pedestrians shouldn’t be on roads. :roll_eyes:

14 Likes

Clearly intended to successfully bash through Les Miserable-like flaming barriers set up by the coming had-it-up-to-here middle/lower-class teeming hordes who’ve totally had it. But how will the Rezvani Vengeance handle when simultaneously hit with several hundred Molotov cocktails? I look forward to the Motor Trend review.

7 Likes

For quite a few white folks, The Purge is a power fantasy, not a nightmare.

19 Likes

The mileage issue is a good point, as they’ll need to stop for gas eventually, and full-service isn’t very common any more. Maybe it comes with a logistical support package?

4 Likes

It’s not a monster truck, so it’ll get stuck in traffic just like the rest of us, and then the safe cracking can begin!

7 Likes

It doesn’t look so much like a suburban moms thing as an oligarch’s kid’s plaything. Especially if they plan to travel through kidnap-crazy territory.

8 Likes

Unlike in 1832, I expect that any barricades set up will have concrete in them and won’t have people on top of them. Look at some of the old pictures of Free Derry for example.

I don’t know how well the Vengeance will handle those.

11 Likes

I can imagine the safe crackers readying their blowtorch and stopping to look through the vehicle windows and mouthing “Cover your eyes!” to the occupants.

5 Likes

According to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, drivers behind the wheel of an SUV are two to three times more likely to kill a pedestrian in a collision than when driving a regular car

Yeah, because a regular sedan is lower and a pedestrian is likely to go up and over the hood, leading to lower extremity injuries, vs injuries to the torso by an SUV or truck.

4 Likes

Design department? The entire COMPANY, starting at the top.

9 Likes

Everything about this ridiculous, obscene toy for rich people aside, that article is pretty depressing:

80% of all car sales in the US are now SUVs or pickup trucks. When I visited the Ford factory in Detroit in 2019, they proudly told me that the company had stopped manufacturing compact cars altogether in the US.

Making sure all our vehicles are menaces on the road to everyone else and gas guzzlers in the face of global warming? Check and check! Mad Max shouldn’t have been set in Australia, we’re doing our best to live it here in the US.

17 Likes