New Georgia elementary school logo looks strikingly similar to Nazi Eagle

Wait until you see the badge hall monitors wear!

19 Likes

Perhaps it was a case of inspiration from a can?

7 Likes

ABPN. Always Be Punching Nazis. Seriously, we need to squash these mofos anytime and any chance we get. No quarter.

4 Likes

eastsidemarios.thumb.319.319

Scratch out Marios, add Elementary, badda-boom-badda-bing!

1 Like

When I first saw it, it reminded me of the emblem on the hat of Marshal Law, but looking it up, it is much more stylized.

It does remind me of a smooshed Ford Thunderbird Logo.

I can’t help but notice another similarity in their logo… (Can’t link as a new member). Check out the ADL’s entry on European Kindred.

6 Likes

I understand how the tagging system for articles works here, but the tags in the article made me laugh:

Anti-semitism / Design / Schools

Sounds like a new Trump project to me. :wink:

8 Likes

That’s a good question. The elementary school I went to in the late 70s, early 80s didn’t have one, that I recall. We didn’t even have a mascot. The only sports teams were only loosely affiliated with the school, being organized through Little League, the YMCA, and Peewee Football. And there were multiple teams. I can remember the Jefferson Cobras, Mustangs, and Rockets off the top of my head. I just googled my old school, though, and now they’re the Jefferson Jaguars and they have a logo. And it’s a cartoony, friendly looking jaguar, so good on them for that, at least.

5 Likes

I see what you mean:

Plausible deniability, but still, added to the stylized eagle, it does add up.

12 Likes

Reminds me of the UFW logo. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a1/UFW_logo.png/200px-UFW_logo.png

1 Like

That was mentioned above by @aidtopia:

4 Likes

Maybe it’s time to just retire using eagles (facing any direction) and classical stripping all together?

11 Likes

Thanks for the background. I thought this was some tacky Proud Boy merch.

2 Likes

That’s the Aztec eagle.

The UFW’s Eagle Mark also symbolizes the extensive goodwill and recognition built up by the UFW in the broader Latino and Hispanic communities.

5 Likes

[edit, I had misplaced a line] My grandfather was a US Army colonel. He helped liberate Berlin and against orders fed starving German children. The village sought the family out decades later to thank him. He also served in the Korean war.
His daughter converted to Judaism before she married my dad.

These army wings are completely different. The school logo takes the sharp angular nazi logo and gets even more angular with the head and badge.

This has me thinking about that miniseries “The Wave” from 1981 about a teaching experiment that turned a whole school into nazis. I guess there was a remake in 2008.
Adding: The fallback of course is to reference the UFW logo which they could have done but that would sound less “patriotic” than blaming the military logo.

4 Likes

Truly yes. We were doing a product rebranding at work and the program director wanted to use a damn eagle on the logo. I managed to convince him that we’d just be lost in the noise with all the other logos, but I was more concerned with the nazi-esque qualities that eagle motifs harken to.

Enough of that shit.

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.