New HOA to define and enforce "Patriotism"

You mean a civil war?

13 Likes

:wink:

(Good point!)

5 Likes

Jehovah’s Witnesses are barred from saluting the flag, but I’m not sure if they’re allowed to fly a flag. Requiring them to fly a flag might be against their beliefs too, akin to requiring them to pledge allegiance to a flag.

Similarly, let’s say you lived in this community and wanted to fly the “Flag of Christendom”-- would they stop you? “Why do you hate Jesus so much?!”

14 Likes

you have a unfortunate but hilarious spelling error

7 Likes

Cigarettes are bad. Should not do that, whether pro- or anti-Il Douche.

12 Likes

I see it now - lol. I never said I could type :-).

8 Likes

How long until every house has bullet holes?

The ones that aren’t smoking craters.

11 Likes

During the Vietnam era, I was a codebreaker in the Army Security Agency and I gave up 7.5 years of my life to my country, with tours in SE Asia as well as at NSA. I do not need to fly a flag to “prove” that I am a patriot, and anyone who believes that flying one makes you a patriot is an idiot. If you live in an HOA-controlled housing area, it just means that you enjoy living in a house that looks exactly like the other 150 houses around you, and that you are thrilled to be able to blend in with the rest of the sheep in the herd.

28 Likes

On the plus side, you don’t have to worry about what kind of neighbors you’re getting. You’re either completely turned on by this idea or completely turned off.

14 Likes

And needed a heavy dose of penicillin.

4 Likes
7 Likes

Glasses Why Dont We Have Both GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

7 Likes

If we can put an impenetrable dome around them, I would be OK. Self sealing cultural bubbles should be self-sealing actual bubbles. Quarantine them.

9 Likes

For all the screaming about government overreach and quarantine mandate, conservatives sure like to live in power-hungry HOA suburban gated community. :rofl:

16 Likes

"All 44 homes will be required to fly an American flag 365 days a year. "

Pretty sure that’s a violation of the Flag Code from the get-go…

14 Likes

When I first saw this was in NC, I thought, “Oh no - I bet it’s Gaston County!” And I was right. I am so grateful that we bought in another NC county farther north, and in a development established in the early 80s without an HOA. It’s still a red county, though I am trying to help at least make it a little purple, if not wholly blue.

9 Likes

Wait, its not? I’ve been lied to for over 30 years! Lawyer!

3 Likes

That is a horrible flag. I know vexillology is not heraldy, but flags usually follow the heraldic rule of contrasts (don’t put a “metal” – yellow or white – on a metal, or a “colour” – red, green, blue, black or purple – on a colour), and with good reason.

10 Likes

… so far anyway

USPS: Postal facilities must fly POW-MIA flag year-round under new federal law

7 Likes

"All 44 homes will be required to fly an American flag 365 days a year. "

an American flag? Don’t these people know that the more flags you fly/wear/emblazon on your vehicle the more patriotic you are?! I hardly think this requirement of a single flag is sufficient to attract true patriots.

9 Likes