New line of action figures for psychedelic 60s cult TV show "The Prisoner"

Originally published at: New line of action figures for psychedelic 60s cult TV show "The Prisoner" | Boing Boing

5 Likes

They’re just cashing in on our nostalgia from the Simpsons parody of The Prisoner.

10 Likes

“I am not a number collectible! I am a free man!”

“Ha ha ha!”

21 Likes

My pet theory is that after a while “they” actually stopped trying to get anything out of No 6 …
and instead used him to sift candidates for “their” internal management fast-track programme.

14 Likes

What?!!!
No Leo “It is my sworn duty to see that you do conform” Mckern figure?

Pity

10 Likes

Without question one of THE best shows ever. So surreal…also best watched late on a Sunday night for some reason. :thinking:

9 Likes

TIL that this video is part of a longer 1987 Jools Holland thing…

5 Likes

prisoner-be-seeing-you

20 Likes

4htkga

15 Likes

Looks like they are being designed by the same company that does the Doctor Who action figures. I wonder if that is because of some licensing agreement between the BBC and the manufacturer. On the other hand, it is a good aesthetic choice, given The Prisoner’s pedigree.

http://www.doctorwhotoys.net/doctorwhoactionfigures.htm

6 Likes

I wish there were some alternative for people despise Kickstarter.
Honestly, everything I have ever backed through pre-orders of any kind has failed to deliver.

3 Likes

An “action figure” of the Rover reminds me of this.

Zero points of articulation!

18 Likes

…in our puny human dimensions, anyway.

9 Likes

The Prisoner is ITC not BBC.

6 Likes

I hope they know better than to offer numbered limited edition figures.

5 Likes

This is very nice, but let me know when they have a set that includes a KAR 120C.

18 Likes

There are numerous die-cast models of the Caterham Lotus Super 7 available.
How are you with model paints?

6 Likes

What I really want is a KAR 120C that’s the right size for a 4-inch Number 6 action figure to sit in and where I can pretend that he zooms around to confront his boss with broody face.

8 Likes

Me? I want No 6’s sculpture that’s really a boat… that will fit the action figure so I can play in the bath. I have some 5" white balls left over from a project which brings Rover into the action. There is no escaping The Village!

9 Likes

Maybe we just need to buy a Lotus and move to Portmeirion.

11 Likes