New secretary of commerce Wilbur Ross has ties to illicit Russian finance

Timed to influence November elections.

Pfft if he wants to do the marshal law thing why worry about disrupting elections.

3 Likes

No need to stir the pot too soon, he’s saving that for 2020.

3 Likes

The republicans would put John Wayne Gacy in charge of a boy’s school if they could turn a buck somehow. Morals aren’t among their strong points

9 Likes

Gromit would never hang with that fool at the top.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I would have expected a reflection of Trump going down on him.

4 Likes

Curious how close we are to seeing trump’s ties show up in the Panama Papers data cache.

6 Likes

I’m trying to understand the reasoning. If I had the kinda money Trump had I couldn’t be bought. And trying to get even more money would not be something I’d be after. Basically I’d have light years worth of fuck you money. So either he’s either greedy beyond words or money is not his motive with Russia. And if it’s not money they only thing it would be would be blackmail. I think it’s blackmail.

ETA: Or he doesn’t have Trump money and his whole world is hanging on a thread. Desperate to be what he purports he starts making really shady dealing with really shady people in highly suspect shitty ways. Now I’m leaning towards this.

10 Likes

raises many questions about his judgment

You’re PUTIN me on!

7 Likes
11 Likes

Wasn’t Donny Jr or ERIK! bragging about all the Russian, cough, investment flowing into Drumpf, Inc at a conference a few years ago? On ‘tape’ if you will. There are a bunch of very good reasons why we haven’t seen his taxes. Write offs (huge! bigly!) and Russian, cough, investments. So mb he laundered some mob money and is in it up to his neck and they perhaps even have the whole Rooskie hookers thing on ‘tape’ as well.

We’re giving up on NATO (Georgia? nbd, I suppose… buh bye, the Baltics? hmmm mb not a smart idea to reform the USSR?) Giving away half of the Ukraine and all of Crimea. Some sham nuclear saber rattling and maybe we get into a dust up in the South China Sea by ‘accident’.

Thanks Pooty!

1 Like

Well I guess after the massive increase in defense spending he’d be a fool not to put it to use…

2 Likes

Maybe it’s a “Great Gatsby” thing, minus even the occasional vaguely redeeming and/character-deepening detail thrown in because the plot required it.

1 Like

I not sold on this guy’s qualifications. Could he at least complete an internship at Goldman Sachs before we put him in charge of this office? I mean, he seems like the kind of guy who would have worked there.

1 Like

rachel maddow’s 20-minute deep dive into this is worth the time. it makes a LOT of sense…

http://on.msnbc.com/2m4PqKP

7 Likes
7 Likes

Oh! What a tangled web we weave…

17 Likes

5 Likes

What could Trump be afraid enough to have revealed that he would go out of his way to keep it hidden? He’s incapable of shame, and plenty of other shit has come to light without doing him any damage among the GOP or his base.

4 Likes