New sighting of a thylacine, a thought-to-be-extinct carnivorous marsupial

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2021/01/27/new-sighting-of-a-thylacine-a-thought-to-be-extinct-carnivorous-marsupial.html

8 Likes

Man, if I saw this on my property, I wouldn’t tell a soul. Or only a trustworthy preservation agency sworn to secrecy.

18 Likes

That would be so awesome! Unfortunately we have no proof that he didn’t see a dingo or a dog or something, just his word.

16 Likes

It would have been carrying a baby.

18 Likes

There was an episode of Expedition Unknown about this. I hope they really are out there and I hope the general public never finds out about it.

10 Likes

Please consult your physician before taking Thylacine. Do not use if you have high blood pressure or diabetes. Side effects of Thylacine may include mood changes, muscle strain, extraordinary thinking, dermal gloss, impulsivity induced consumption, excessive salivation, hair growth, markedly delayed sexual climax, inter-species communication, taste perversion, terminal smile, and oral inflammation.

17 Likes

It would be nice, but ninety years is a long time, and we are not anywhere close to finished destroying things. At this point I think even if there were a healthy population left, they would still go extinct unless people found out and pushed for serious measures to protect them. :disappointed:

6 Likes

Ha, that’s funny cos the baby died!

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

11 Likes

Consult your doctor if you experience erections lasting more than 4-6 business days.

4 Likes

Sorry dude, pics or it didn’t happen.

9 Likes

Trail cams. I would litter my property with trail cams.

8 Likes

@frauenfelder boingboing should do something on the horrible history of that expression.

4 Likes

Huh, interesting, I only ever knew it from Seinfeld. So, not unlike “drank the kool-aid,” it ought to be retired.

5 Likes

Definitely. The history of it is too awful to be used as a casual expression, which does make Buffy re-watches problematic in some episodes.

4 Likes

I didn’t laugh about the dingo thing until your post! :grimacing:

4 Likes

Fair enough. It’s never been funny.

5 Likes

It didn’t happen. There are no Tasmanian Tigers running wild in the Adelaide Hills, because they have been extinct on the mainland of Australia for thousands of years.
Unfortunately.

5 Likes

Nice to dream, though.

I’d be nailing up trail cameras everywhere.

2 Likes

The publican at the Arthur’s Pass pub in the Southern Alps of New Zealand used to make “Moa tracks” in the snow sometimes with a fake moa foot he had made which was a great laugh.
But yes, it is nice to dream.

That would be a dog sighting. A lot of people live in the Adelaide Hills, it’s not like a viable population of thylacine would go unnoticed there.

2 Likes