New study finds average penis size increased 24% over 29 years

Originally published at: New study finds average penis size increased 24% over 29 years | Boing Boing

3 Likes
6 Likes

The increase happened over a relatively short period of time.

There is a start to a novel in there somewhere.

20 Likes

Later, as he sat on his balcony eating the dog, Dr Robert Laing reflected on the unusual events that had taken place within this huge apartment building during the previous three months.

16 Likes

So they physically did the measurements?

Or can we just say “men are getting even more dishonest.”

*(I mean, everyone but me, that is.)

22 Likes

How much colder was it when they did the study in 1993?
Another one for global warming!

32 Likes

And people complain about inflation under the Biden administration.

35 Likes

Odd that they haven’t mentioned the overall body size has increased by about 10% during the same period, mostly due to improved nutrition and access to food over the last few decades. Admittedly this isn’t able to account for all the, ahem, growth, but I suspect that a couple of generations of non-growth-stunted men making it to maturity has a good deal to do with it.

19 Likes

A study conducted and paid for by men, I’m guessing?

17 Likes

Shoot, I knew I should have been taking regular measurements over the last 29 years to see if my penis was increasing in size.

13 Likes

This appears to be a survey of other studies conducted over the years, so it comes down to the legitimacy of all of those studies. I’d imagine some are self-reporting, but others would be verified measurements.

5 Likes

If they had included me they would’ve had to make provisions for negative numbers.

24 Likes
5 Likes

Condom manufacturers? :wink:

8 Likes

It probably is! Loss of tissue elasticity as you age means it gets slightly larger (both flaccid and erect) but no longer quite as hard or upright.

Interesting enough, if you read the analysis they find no difference in flaccid or stretched length. That’s unexpected. Flaccid not increasing, ok, growers not showers… but if penises really were getting longer when hard, they should be longer when soft but stretched out. It is likely the way erections are measured has changed.

Maybe they’re going along the curve now?

3 Likes

This study doesn’t matter.

13 Likes

Mine can increase in size in 29 seconds under the right circumstances.

5 Likes

I’ve had one 63 years, so it should have increased 24% at least twice by now…

10 Likes

I blame the internet.

2 Likes

It makes you wonder what the average penis size was during the Renaissance when Michelangelo sculpted David.

Oh, penis sizes have been going up and down all the time (across history).

4 Likes