New trailer for Halloween sequel

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/05/new-trailer-for-halloween-sequ.html

3 Likes

Let’s face it, at this point the only thing likely to take down Michael Meyers is the inexorable march of time.

6 Likes

I thought Paul Manafort was in jail, awaiting sentencing?

3 Likes

The NRA bankrolled this movie, amiright?

5 Likes

The only way to stop a bad guy with a machete is a good Jamie Lee Curtis with a machete.

2 Likes

Uh… not that I expect horror sequels to make any sense, but didn’t she finally decapitate him in H20?

Also, how much does it suck to realize that was 20 freakin’ years ago?

4 Likes

Another final confrontation?

2 Likes

Nah, this film ignores every other sequel. Including, I think, the first one in the hospital?

1 Like

They apparently retconned that in another sequel in which they established that she actually decapitated a hospital orderly with whom he had switched clothes. Then he killed her in that sequel. So I guess they’re retconning that too. Nobody knows how to stay dead in this freaking franchise.

3 Likes

3 Likes

This movie used to scare the hell out of me way back when I was young.

1 Like

Such a missed opportunity, not bringing Michael Myers ‘face-to-face’ with William Shatner in at least one of these movies…

3 Likes

Common trope in horror films like this…

Here is a movie about that:

1 Like

“survivor girl” :roll_eyes:

It’s a pretty good movie that sort of breaks down all the tropes and shows how kind of silly it is… done faux-documentary style.

Yeah, it’s a fun film.

I was just rolling my eyes at the phrase. It just seemed like they were trying to hide cribbings from Carol Clover, who coined the more commonly used term “final girl.”

1 Like

You thought so? I thought it was a pretty obvious riff off that…

1 Like

Eh, maybe. Obviously the film had a sense of humor, but I just didn’t get the joke of changing “final girl.”

Of course, I first encountered both Men, Women, and Chainsaws and Behind the Mask in college, so concealing borrowed ideas was in the air…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.