New trailer for Wonder Woman 1984, coming to the little screen next month

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/11/19/new-trailer-for-wonder-woman-1984-coming-to-the-little-screen-next-month.html

5 Likes

I’m dead certain I’m in the minority here, but no thanks. It looks hideous.

3 Likes

They’re past denial and anger, but still stuck on bargaining. Still progress.

I guess this means I’ll reactivate my HBO subscription for a month.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t rule out the film being worthwhile because the quality of the trailer is many times not representative of the quality of the actual film. But, yeah, that is not a good trailer.

5 Likes

Yeah, that trailer didn’t sell me on the film, which I’ve been looking forward to. First trailer remains by far the best, despite using many of the same scenes (and ending on a different lame Steve Trevor “out of water” note). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfM7_JLk-84

4 Likes

Forget the trailer, where can I get me one of them lasso thingies? And do they only work for women?

2 Likes

That was…ahem…the original idea, for sure.

18 Likes

Yeah - I’m in. The first one was great. They’ve earned my supporting this woman supe franchise.

10 Likes

I wouldn’t say hideous, but at this point, after making it to the end of the whole MCU Endgame saga, I feel like if I never see another cgi/mocap fistfight again, I’m okay with that.

4 Likes

Oh, you say that now, but just wait until the Snyder cut comes out and you get to see an hour of this filling your screen:

Looks pretty great, doesn’t it? Not at all like a mid-tier video game, right?

5 Likes

Releasing it in theaters on Christmas? Deep in the heart of Covid’s second upward blip?

“Two tickets to Wonder Woman 1984, my good man, and we’ll have a large popcorn with extra arsenic on it, and two Cokes with ground glass.”

2 Likes

Not the best, yep. I’ll probably not bother unless the lead has taken acting lessons since the last one. As an actress, Gal Gadot is very beautiful.

Cheetah still looks like an extra from that godawful Cats movie.

11 Likes

I really wish they’d do a whole film based in Themyscira. Young Mrs Peas was so excited during the first third of the first film, during the second third kept asking me how long they would be talking about the war and by the last third had basically checked out. I really hope Jenkins is able to advocate for a more compelling story this time. Kristin Wiig as the baddy can only help.

4 Likes

This is not a new trailer, it’s simply the previous one with the HBO Max info tacked on at the end.

1 Like

I am patiently awaiting the torrent.

I can wait.

1 Like

What the hell is that? Staple Man?

2 Likes

It’s Milton’s EVOLVED FORM!

5 Likes

Needs more spiky thingies because more is always better. :no_mouth: