New Trump accuser Karena Virginia claims Donald grabbed her breast, asking, "Don't you know who I am?"

Ah, so it’s an unfunny joke playing off an absurdist commercial. Mike Meyers really knows his material.

3 Likes

More of a you had to be there to appreciate the joke. Objectively no, it’s not funny. But those commercials were so common that it became a minor cultural touchstone of the era.

ETA: I was more posting it as a remark on Trump’s gauchely absurdist nouveau riche lifestyle than expecting anyone to laugh at the joke.

14 Likes

She should be honored to be mauled by a original of his calibre

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Can’t say I’ve ever seen Wayne’s World proper, but all the “side splitting” clips always seem just tedious to me.

1 Like

A lot of those sort of films were intended to be, in a way, deliberately ironically dumb. They don’t age well.

11 Likes

What @Wanderfound said. A lot of pop culture I avoid going back and revisiting because I know it probably won’t age so spectacularly, and I prefer my rose-tinted memories :smirk:

7 Likes

“You keep using that word, ‘respect’. I don’ think it means what you think it means.”

6 Likes

He’s technically correct, though. Nobody respects women like he does.

13 Likes

That’s basically what Ritchie Rich taught me about how wealthy people live.

3 Likes

From this image it seems Donald might have a regular mans body if he wasn’t stuffed full of macaroni cheese

3 Likes

It isn’t just the lack of restraint, it is the inability to see that you don’t paint a mural that big on a roof that low.

2 Likes

“Phew, I thought you might be Grabby McBreastgrab. He’s twice as bad.”

3 Likes

There’s a lot more of that on her yoga site. But I think that’s a thing in the yoga world. The word that comes to mind for me is “Malibu.”

1 Like

Despite some compelling evidence to the contrary, Mike Meyers really was a very funny man for a good chunk of the 1990s. A lot of the jokes aged terribly though.

8 Likes

You’ll enjoy this video. Sam Bee is the best.

5 Likes

You kind of had to have been alive as an adult and aware of pop culture when this movie came out to get the silly jokes contained within.
It’s not like we all laughed out loud at that. But the movie overall was fun.

2 Likes

I LOVED her work on the book, “Democracy Inaction”, so I do know how great she is already.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.