New York Governor Kathy Hochul says it is Israel's right to destroy Gaza

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/02/18/new-york-governor-kathy-hochul-says-it-is-israels-right-to-destroy-gaza.html

15 Likes

Does this lady actually have any redeeming qualities?

18 Likes

Maybe the Leafs should be careful playing Buffalo?

14 Likes

Hell of a thought process: if Canada attacked Buffalo, we would obliterate the whole of Canada implies that “Israel has the right to obliterate Gaza”, rather than “maybe there’s a problem with obliterating your neighbor in response to the actions of a part of their population”.

43 Likes

She’s not Andrew Cuomo? Other than that, I got nuthin. The NY Democratic Party has gotten way too conservative.

29 Likes

Damning with faint praise incarnate.

13 Likes

If Canada attacked Buffalo, the US wouldn’t force all of Canada to evacuate to Vancouver and then bomb the hell out of Vancouver too.

22 Likes

In addition to the obvious issue, on behalf of Canada, I’d just like to say “fuck you, lady, for fantasizing about wiping us off the map.”

36 Likes

Exterminating a country for the actions of their rulers? I can’t help but feel that Hasan-i Sabbah had the correct approach to warfare. Kill the leaders.

@angusm

IMG_0025

12 Likes

Is this the thread to say that I boycott Coca Cola?

9 Likes

The joke’s on her. There is no Canada.

13 Likes

I’m not existing right now!

15 Likes

C’mon Dave, don’t spook the Americans, we don’t need them nervous

14 Likes

Someone should let her know that Israel is probably the country whose existence most directly resulted from the world’s strongest countries agreeing that this should no longer be the case.

4 Likes

Yesterday I was talking to a friend who works as a campaign consultant/strategist for a number of different Democratic campaigns across the state of California. Some of the current primary campaigns are getting really brutal and dirty right now, to the point where one client is preparing to sue for libel. He tells me that most business interests and conservative organizations working in California right now have accepted the reality that it’s nearly impossible to elect a Republican to statewide office at the moment, so they’ve been focusing on supporting so-called “moderate Democrats” that are really just Republicans by another name. And, unfortunately, they’ve had some success. I suspect that New York may have been experiencing something similar.

22 Likes

She’s out there representing those guys who say stuff like “I wish someone would molest a kid in front of me so I could beat the shit out of them” because it’s a good way for bloodthirsty losers to see themselves as heroes without paying child support.

Incidentally, Joe Biden said exactly the same thing in the eighties. He’s been like this for a long time.

10 Likes

This is my fear with the influence of groups like the Lincoln Project: that they’re working behind the scenes to orchestrate a per-Trump Republican takeover of the Democratic Party, and we’re going to be left with a two party system consisting of a conservative party and a fascist party.

19 Likes

Are you sure? I mean if we look to history… Saudis attached NYC, and we proceeded to invade and occupy Afghanistan and Iraq for 20 years, killing well over a quarter of a million people.

“Destroying” Canada in retaliation for an attack on Buffalo is consistent with the recent history of US foreign and military policy.

5 Likes

Well, unfortunately this comic is more common result

23 Likes

What the everlasting F?!

It is an unfortunate reminder that there are idiots on both sides of the isle, and that there need to be more viable isles…

3 Likes