New York Times, CNN and other media barred from White House press event

I find so many things curious about the coverage of this…

Has Fox News said anything? (MSM stood up for Fox when Obama tried to shut them out)

Why is the Google news feed confusing this story with news about recreational marijuana?

This is a real WTF moment for me… Excluding Businesses/Media that refuse to be honest is actually legit, but NYT and CNN? I cannot honestly say they do not lean left, but don’t fool yourself this two are big business and big business protects its investment always, they are not fake news.

I disagree. He’s desperate for their attention and approval. The fact that two TVs in the same room were tuned to CNN during that exceptionally awkward Breitbart interview with Spicey is plenty enough indication that for all of 45’s protestations about how awful the media is to him, he can’t live without it.

6 Likes

Doesn’t he also read the NY Times every morning?
(since he doesn’t understand the concept of online reporting). I bet he loves the coverage he gets.

Only one thing worse than being talked about etc.

4 Likes

Bullshit. The audio of the press conference asks Spicer about them being blocked, and he said that there were new organizations that were credentialed, and so CNN, NYT, Politico etc were told there was no room.

People in pictures from that era always look so fragile to me; the leathered skin, the thinness, the obvious discomfort from any number of potential sources.

2 Likes

Agreed. Between orange and red on the way to black would be more accurate.

5 Likes

This clip jumps right to the aforementioned section:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4658343/spicer-dictatorship-byte

8 Likes

1 Like

Sorry, but this man is responsible for inflicting Sarah Palin on the world. She went on to become a figure head for the celebration of stupidity and ignorance. If anyone deserves locking up, it’s him.

1 Like

No. Don’t give me that. You are not sorry.

I’m not saying he’s my hero. I’m making one narrow point. He said that the first thing a dictator does is squelch a free press. About that, he is right.

Save your phony apology. I don’t need it.

3 Likes

I really wouldn’t want to see the portrait he keeps in his attic.

8 Likes

That’s utter bullshit. The NYTimes has to have a standing invitation to any press event.

1 Like

Jenner is a long-time Republican and a fairly long-term acquaintance of Donald Trump. I have no doubt at all that she voted for him for the reasons she espoused at the time - because she thought he’d be better than any Democrat. It definitely wasn’t an “anybody but Hillary” thing - Jenner wasn’t going to vote for a Democrat in this election cycle regardless.

1 Like

Yeah but that’s a good narrative for his supporters. If he isn’t breaking official rules he can sell stuff like this as a clever ploy to work the system or as an anti-establishment move to “drain the swamp”. It’s the same reasoning he used for his lack of tax payments and concealment of his tax record.
Problem is the lack of clearly defined laws/rules. Much of the procedures surrounding the president and his staff are based on traditions that assume the protagonists act in good faith.

1 Like

When he does this, news organizations should just report the opposition’s version of events, then mention that they were unable to reach the WH for comment. They’re really the ones doing him a favor by showing up to report on Spicer’s bald-faced lies and distortions. The whole “trading access for loyalty” thing requires subtlety. It doesn’t work when you declare war on the media out of the gate, and they’re already making bank by reporting on your flagrant misconduct.

The prospect of him doing this seemed frightening a month ago, but having seen it play out, I take it as a positive sign that his administration (and ego) are already imploding under scrutiny. The press aren’t going to trade access for loyalty. They don’t need to.

3 Likes
20 Likes

Uh oh! That can only mean trouble!

5 Likes

Next step arresting reporters and charge them with treason. Scary times. Plus I hope trump & assoc. remember what happen with Nixon and the press.

2 Likes

So do we know what Pumpkin Spice told Angry Spice to tell us? I’ve seen a lot about who got barred but jack all about the content of the presser.

Not that it matters, it’s all lies and bullshit anyway.

9 Likes

The spice jerks?

11 Likes