New York Times, CNN and other media barred from White House press event

No, it would be great if there were NO reporters there at all. (I can dream, but there is no solidarity there.)

1 Like

But there is no information in the White House. Only fake news (a.k.a. propaganda). They should go do some real journalism elsewhere.

1 Like

[asked why the organizations were excluded, Spicer responded] “I think that we have shown an abundance of accessibility”, calling this administration “more accessible than any prior one”.

…says the administration that is trying to conceal how much golfing Trump has done and who he does it with.

24 Likes

I agree. I see this as a chance to do deep digging. They have investigative journalists. They don’t need to regurgitate everything that the White House says anymore.

14 Likes

What should happen is that all reporters at press events coordinate and ask the same questions over and over. Monday is “When will President Trump be releasing his tax returns?” Tuesday is “Why did you deny access to the New York Times?” Wednesday is…

19 Likes

Trump is an idiot and liar. He can’t face the truth about anything. He can not even handle questions he doesn’t like. Fuck the press conferences. The New York Times should put there questions on the front page of the news paper. Maybe president shit-gibbon will answer the questions then.

6 Likes

So what’s the difference between a press briefing and a press gaggle?

2 Likes

Kind of like Teen Vogue.

16 Likes

Meanwhile the US population will be:

6 Likes

The press really needs to stand as one on this and refuse to attend any briefings until these bans are revoked. Otherwise, Trump will pick them off one by one until he has a completely compliant media.

Pick your own historical analogy.

7 Likes

Informal vs. formal - but they are both “official” and “on the record”.

A press gaggle (as distinct from a press conference or press briefing) is an informal briefing by the White House Press Secretary which (as used by press secretaries for the George W. Bush administration) is on the record, but disallows videography.

5 Likes

At the very least, I hope these groups have been pushed out of their vacillation, and will take the gloves off now.

2 Likes

I find so many things curious about the coverage of this…

Has Fox News said anything? (MSM stood up for Fox when Obama tried to shut them out)

Why is the Google news feed confusing this story with news about recreational marijuana?

This is a real WTF moment for me… Excluding Businesses/Media that refuse to be honest is actually legit, but NYT and CNN? I cannot honestly say they do not lean left, but don’t fool yourself this two are big business and big business protects its investment always, they are not fake news.

I disagree. He’s desperate for their attention and approval. The fact that two TVs in the same room were tuned to CNN during that exceptionally awkward Breitbart interview with Spicey is plenty enough indication that for all of 45’s protestations about how awful the media is to him, he can’t live without it.

6 Likes

Doesn’t he also read the NY Times every morning?
(since he doesn’t understand the concept of online reporting). I bet he loves the coverage he gets.

Only one thing worse than being talked about etc.

4 Likes

Bullshit. The audio of the press conference asks Spicer about them being blocked, and he said that there were new organizations that were credentialed, and so CNN, NYT, Politico etc were told there was no room.

People in pictures from that era always look so fragile to me; the leathered skin, the thinness, the obvious discomfort from any number of potential sources.

2 Likes

Agreed. Between orange and red on the way to black would be more accurate.

5 Likes

This clip jumps right to the aforementioned section:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4658343/spicer-dictatorship-byte

8 Likes

1 Like