New Yorker writer fired after zoom dick incident

He was doing more than acknowledging it though. He was repeatedly saying on air that it WILL be overturned.

Given the make up of the court since Barrett joined, that’s a very strong possibility, and a likelihood. There are several cases in the pipeline that could bring up Roe once again, and there is a majority on the court that favor restricting access.

9 Likes

Yea I share those concerns. But I’m not a fan of declarative statements like because Kavanaught, therefore Roe will be overturned. It’s both accepting defeat and overly simplistic. Good sound bite so I’ll concede maybe that kind of rhetoric isn’t so bad. Either way I’ll miss some of his insights.

2 Likes

I dont believe in making definitive statements, either; not until the possible has become actual and factual.

That said, the dire concern over maintaining women’s bodily autonomy is real.

7 Likes

It’s a real concern, and his alarm on this issue was entirely warranted.

Right.

9 Likes

Obligatory as fuck:

8 Likes

Here’s the thing about Roe and Griswold (and Lawrence and Obergefell for that matter) - they were decided on the right to privacy, so when Griswold and Roe were decided in favor of women having greater bodily autonomy, it gave EVERYONE else greater privacy rights. You start stripping away women’s rights (and LBGQT+ rights), that means the right to privacy is no longer considered constitutional. :woman_shrugging: The structure of greater rights are built upon each other, and if you take away the rights for some of us, then everyone’s rights are at risk. But people keep insisting that these are just marginal issues for specific groups.

11 Likes

Yep, I agree completely.

We really do NOT want to go there.

8 Likes

odo-precisely

8 Likes

Your Honor, I was not exposing myself to schoolchildren. I had my junk out in a classroom and the kids just happened to be there :wink:

6 Likes

I will admit, because guys are guys, that this original story did make me stop for a fraction of a second and think “have I ever done this?” And the answer is no. Hell no!

Plus it’s just dumb. If your judgment is that poor, good lord. What other dumb calls have you made in your life?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.