New Zealand supply chain expert says the country could run out of toilet paper by the end of the week

Originally published at: New Zealand supply chain expert says the country could run out of toilet paper by the end of the week | Boing Boing

4 Likes

How’s that for a mixed message?

“Panic! But, you know, in a leisurely and orderly way.”

20 Likes
4 Likes

Canadian truckers are doing a slow roll to Ottawa the next few day to protest mandates. I wonder how that’s going to affect the supply chain in the US. If only there were a safe effective and simple solution.

9 Likes

Have they tried calling Richard Nixon?

4 Likes

A shitty situation for sure.

9 Likes

“Attention everyone! Don’t panic-buy toilet paper because the entire country will run out in a few weeks.”

Kudos to everyone who got bidets when this all started. This is, what, the third time in a few years?

5 Likes

I bought one 2 years ago but it’s still in the box. I really should install it.

3 Likes

Articles like this more or less guarantee everyone goes out and buys a pack even if you already have some at home.

12 Likes

5 Likes

I see sales in print media skyrocketing.

5 Likes

Thanks in no small part to massive amounts of bidet propaganda here on Boingboing I bought a camping bidet bottle. I have found with the bidet and a small stack of soft flannel clothes for drying I no longer need to use toilet paper 95% of the time.

4 Likes

I am starting to get tired of the way the news coverage keeps making these groups seem so large.

Last night on the news they kept showing zoomed in framing of the convoy of maybe a cpuple dozen cars and a couple trucks on Vancouver Island and covered it for a very extended period letting the truckers have more airtime than the trucking association statement (truckers are vaccinated near the general pop rate) and people representing health care.
These protestors are the minority and we should make it clear that most truckers are getting vaccinated. Giving the fringe too much air time just makes it look larger and empower their supporters.

I have been proving my vaccination status for jobs and travel (mainly African countries) for my whole adult life. I don’t know why we can’t point out that it isn’t unheard of or rare to have required vaccinations for jobs.

Also someone should start heavily advertising bidet installs in NZ :wink:

9 Likes

Wow! how weird! We imprt a lot of stuff, but 100% of our poo tickets are made here in enzed. Sadly another example of crappy journalism and experts giving the kind of advice that makes it easy to see why people have no faith in them.

I bought a camping one a couple of years ago for the cottage (Brondell GoSpa if anyone wants to know), because I have no indoor plumbing and the outhouse is ahem not a finite resource. Works just fine with a pieces of a torn up old flannel sheet.

2 Likes

Time to bring out the xylospongium and vinegar

1 Like

Another success of the “Just in Time” manufacturing system. End game capitalism at its finest - why keep inventory? Just assume the supply chain is unbreakable and forget about maintaining a reasonable inventory! The hoarders will buy out the available supply, we get to raise the price due to shortages, everyone wins except the consumer!

2 Likes

“Make sure to stock up on toilet paper at least three weeks ago so you don’t contribute to the impending buying frenzy.”

8 Likes

fine

11 Likes

Where does he think he is, Canada?

2 Likes