Newsmax cans Lara Logan, former CBS presenter lost to QAnon, after on-air remarks about elites "dining on the blood of children"

Can I interest you in joining the far-left? We will have roast Conservative and deep-fried Republican on the menu instead.

I laugh, because the only alternative is crying about how Blood Libel is back in the mainstream.

21 Likes

By December, Tucker – and “normal” politicians – will be ranting about devils drinking the blood of the children. The fringe has been moving into the mainstream for decades, and it’s accelerating. See also: the pro-fascism editorial in “The Federalist” the other day.

16 Likes

DOCTOR: It’s jammed. I’ve lost control. We’re adrift in Ye-space.
ROMANA: Come on, Doctor. We’ve got to do something!

18 Likes
8 Likes

Against my better judgment, I went to the Federalist’s website to see what editorial you were talking about. You’re going to have to be more specific.

20 Likes

I think it’s the fascist announcement from the editor that was mentioned by HCR

4 Likes

There is no line. She wasn’t fired for the message; she was fired for the delivery.

14 Likes

I forgot and thought BB had posted about this earlier: We Need To Stop Calling Ourselves Conservatives

It reads like something that would’ve been on the front page of Stormfront a decade or two ago…

10 Likes

much of this is compatible with

in which it is argued that Conservatism is best understood as a counter revolutionary ideology.

though I guess the drag queen story hour conspiracy stuff is new and makes his priorities clear.

8 Likes

Not blood, certainly. Stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled, perhaps in a fricassee or ragout. (Or air fried, if you’re watching for calories.)

3 Likes

Cannot speak to cockroaches, but crickets can be quite good. Well, at least inoffensive. Ground into flour and such. And chapulines are traditional taco fare, so there is that too.

Blood of children? Nah, pass thanks. I prefer blood of fascists, myself.

And @knoxblox

You could always just milk the cockroaches…

14 Likes

Too bitter. :nauseated_face:

11 Likes

Didn’t mean to eat it. Just spilled. Makes good fertilizer, dontcha know.

10 Likes

I couldn’t make it past the first few paragraphs.

At least the Federalist has some great clickbait.
ha
Edit: I went back and finished it. Now I’m just mad with a stomach ache.

12 Likes

I had no idea she had gone off the deep end. I remember watching her do CBS field reports from war torn areas and she seemed as lucid and capable as any other foreign correspondent.

3 Likes

I thought that was probably the one you meant, but that whole site has become fascist rhetoric.

5 Likes

… not wiggling the eyebrows just right so she can fall back to claim she was “just asking questions,” and if that doesn’t work “just joking”

7 Likes

She was brutally attacked in Egypt during the uprising. I would think that might jar one’s outlook on life. But who knows?

10 Likes

You can’t say the blood libel out loud, gosh. They absolutely still believe this though, they just don’t want to get sued.

2 Likes

not actually a transcript, unfortunately

4 Likes