Newsmax includes dead man and Ben Shapiro in lineup of contemporary black conservatives

Originally published at: Newsmax includes dead man and Ben Shapiro in lineup of contemporary black conservatives | Boing Boing

7 Likes

They also wrote “Daivd”, but maybe they got one of the four right?

18 Likes

Newsmax tech 1: Wait, that can’t be spelled right.
Newsmax tech 2: Oh, you know how those homies all have crazy exotic names nowadays.

22 Likes

“Jewish, black, whatever…”

:person_facepalming:

17 Likes

You can literally count their black conservatives on one hand, with a special finger for Ben Shapiro.

16 Likes

I wonder if someone there scrawled a list and couldn’t remember Carson’s last name and wrote Ben Shapiro before crossing it off and writing Ben Carson, but both names were still on the list when it was handed off to some bored and underpaid staffer who made the photo lineup? Who knows. It would be so amusing and probably horrifying to see how this actually happened.

9 Likes

Oh Damn, wrong brand of “creme of bullshit”.

11 Likes

Please note that the proper pronunciation is “new smacks”. Do not grant it the respectability of sounding like a source of news.

11 Likes

Are we at the stage where the right-wingers are admitting that they don’t consider Jews to be white? I thought that’d take a little while longer… also I didn’t see them deciding Jews were Black, instead…

6 Likes

I guess women don’t count, since they chose Shapiro over Candice Owens and Diamond & Silk?

11 Likes

Can anyone explain why “‘Sheriff’ Daivd [sic] Clarke” gets his (elected, temporary, performative) title, but “Ben Carson” doesn’t get his (earned) doctorate?

4 Likes

I’m guessing the hat. (makes as much sense as any of this)

3 Likes

Fits right in with the GOP/GQP pro-cop, anti-doctor messaging they’ve been pushing for the past few years. :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

And yet: no cattle.

3 Likes

My serious theory here is that the original word used when this story was proposed was “minorities” which was later changed to black in some revision without regard to who was actually on the list.

And yes this is definitely them saying that they don’t think Jewish people are white.

6 Likes

“Left considers black conservatives to be traitors?”

Nah, I consider all “conservatives” to be traitors.

5 Likes

No love for Clarence Thomas? Whither Tim Scott, Herschel Walker, Allen West, and Ken Blackwell?

How about everyone’s favorite Florida Surgeon General, Joseph Ladopo?

TIL I can name more prominent Black conservatives than Newsmax.

SAD!

6 Likes

I think that might explain Ben Shapiro’s self loathing - he thinks he’s Black and is racist against Blacks simultaneously.

2 Likes

“They’ve been getting my name wrong for years, but I’ve always felt a bit awkward about pointing it out.”

– Dr Ken Barson probably

2 Likes

Off topic, but where does a guy born and raised in Milwaukee get off cosplaying as a cowboy? Note that it never happens the other way around, because these assholes have a firm idea of what Real America™ is. And how stupid they are, if they are also to believe that both Presidents Bush and Ted Cruz are from Texas.

1 Like