Next time you are in LA, visit The Echo Park Time Travel Mart

Originally published at: Next time you are in LA, visit The Echo Park Time Travel Mart | Boing Boing

3 Likes

mmm, floaty pen… must have for my collection…

4 Likes

i went there once - a few years from now

16 Likes

How’s their towel selection?

10 Likes

Visiting LA now (just landed) and will do! I’ve been to the pirate supply store and the superhero supply store.

4 Likes

I highly recommend The Dead Authors podcast that Paul F Tompkins used to do to support Echo Park

https://thedeadauthorspodcast.libsyn.com/

5 Likes

You beat me to it. 826LA is burned into my memory from the Dead Authors Podcast.

Ben Schwartz finding out live on stage that his childhood hero Roald Dahl was an antisemite while improvising as Roald Dahl is one of the most hilarious and simultaneously heartbreaking things I’ve ever heard.

5 Likes

Just wanted to add a very enthusiastic third vote for Dead Authors Podcast.

And have been meaning to get out to the time travel mart for years now. Must do this summer!

4 Likes

I suggesting going last summer, to beat the queues.

Edited to remove errant quote.

8 Likes

I feel like a time travel mart would have coinage for the proper time line you are going to, as well as clothes and ephemera, so you blend in.

But then again I’ve never time traveled, so maybe sickness pills are more important than I realize.

4 Likes

We’re all time travellers. Minute by minute, into the future.

3 Likes

I went next year. Crowds weren’t bad.

5 Likes

And alcohol.

3 Likes

But there were still people, right? Monkey Pox hadn’t got us all, had it?

4 Likes

Oh, monkey pox had run its course. Everyone made it through relatively unscathed. The outbreak of squid pix on the other hand…

2 Likes

An important infographic for any patron of this store.

7 Likes

Just from the description it was obviously an 826 affiliate. Selling amusingly weird items to raise money for a good program.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.