NH GOP lawmakers mocked gun violence survivors by wearing clutchable pearl necklaces to gun control hearing

That’s not a loophole. It’s a deliberate choice to keep the government from slow rolling the check system. Because if you defund the NICS office, you can both save tons of money, and keep anyone from buying one of those nasty guns.

1 Like

If guns were regulated like cars, it would solve a bunch of problems. Mandatory liability insurance as with cars would be an excellent tool for stopping straw buying/interstate gun smuggling, discourage gun hoarding, and irresponsible gun storage/ownership.

Nobody talks about how nation-wide car registration data is a pretext to confiscation of cars, or insurance demands being a major bar to widespread ownership. Plus you get national level gun ownership data without the fears attendant to it.

19 Likes

Whereas now if you defund the NICS office, everyone can have a gun. What a brilliant idea!

8 Likes

No they aren’t:

Cars require liability insurance, guns do not. (See my comment further down for why that would be a good thing)

Car registration data is gathered and searchable nationwide. The NRA lobbied to prevent doing so for guns

18 Likes

Calls to [Reps. Daryl Abbas, Scott Wallace and David Welch] State House offices were either not returned or were met with busy signals and full voice-mail boxes.

One of the few things I like about the Internet: Damning photographs will stick around, forever available to be whipped out, questioned, and used.

10 Likes

No, this is what the meme will now be…

These guys were pearl necklaced on behalf of the NRA. (I totally know what this sexual euphimism means).

As politicians of “negotiable affection”, and a cheap date to boot, they gazed up lovingly towards their NRA benefactors and the NRA glazed down (I mean gazed down) towards them.

And now they just look like a bunch of glazed hams.

4 Likes

Alcohol is considered a legal drug. You telling me that gun owners aren’t beer drinkers? Yeah, I gotta blow the bullshit whistle on that one.

13 Likes

The good guy with a gun is canceled out by the idiot who suffers from delusions of being both
a) a good guy
b) the hero of his own narrrative
c) deluded into thinking he is infallible like Batman or Dirty Harry, or John Wayne.
d) puts a bullet through the drywall into the neighbors kid who is behind the wall in the other room.

If they showed more movies of the “good guy with a gun” actually accidentally hitting and killing a child with a stray bullet, this idiotic delusion would hopefully dissipate somewhat.

That would be the PSA we need right now.

15 Likes

One of the few things I love about the internet is that meme factories are abundant, prolific and relentless.

This image is going to be blasted around a lot at re-election time.

3 Likes

Believe it or not this is progress. In years past they would have worn necklaces made out of bullets.

1 Like

I absolutely 100% agree with you.

If you fire your gun in public (outside of shooting ranges), your premiums should go up.

If you accidentally fire your gun in public, your premiums should go up even more.

If you lose your gun (i.e., leave it in the restroom) or someone else fires your gun without your permission, your premiums should be astronomical.

11 Likes

Uh, this is all lovely, but irrelevant – ‘like’ means ‘in a similar fashion to,’ not ‘exactly in the way of.’ Cars are less regulated than guns, but both are lethal; it’s the fact that the only purpose of a gun that makes the idea of treating guns like cars a good idea. If you’re saying that we can’t treat guns like cars unless we treat cars like guns is pretty silly, and a hell of a stretch.

1 Like

Sometimes beauteousness abounds.

Conceptual performance art of what MAGA really means, I think.

2 Likes

Because gun use isn’t as risky as car use in both physical damage and property damage. That is why we have insurance for cars, they are constantly getting involved in accidents.

Lots of other things within your home are more likely to cause you harm than firearms like stairs and ladders, yet you don’t have extra insurance for them either. If there was actual significant increased risk from ACCIDENTS, then insurance companies would REQUIRE additional coverage for owners. But the actual risk is nominal. They DO require extra insurance if you want to insure them against theft, just like jewelry.

INTENTIONAL misuse of anything isn’t typically covered by insurance. If you intentionally ram your car into someone else, your insurance isn’t going to cover your damage. A vast majority of gun deaths and injury is from INTENTIONAL misuse from suicides or in crimes.

I find the whole “require insurance” idea as a poorly thought out one that would do nothing to help crime deaths, and become an extra burden on poor owners.

2 Likes

Christ, what a bunch of musketfucking arseholes.

10 Likes

…Florida…

Well, I just hope the voting ladies of New Hampshire remember this insult at the next election.

5 Likes

reality would beg to differ

17 Likes

There were 268 million vehicles registered in the US in 2016. In 2013, there were roughly 357 million guns in the US.

In 2015, more people in the US were killed by guns than by cars, as cars have gotten progressively safer while guns have, by design, remained just as deadly. Since then the numbers have been roughly equal.

How is “using a gun for the purpose for which it was created” intentional misuse? A gun’s entire function is killing and injuring people and animals. That is its job. You cannot misuse a gun in a way that results in it doing something it wasn’t designed or intended to do.

11 Likes