Nick Ayers says NOPE: Trump pick to replace John Kelly will not be new WH chief of staff

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/09/nick-ayers-says-nope-trump-pi.html

9 Likes

Smart move.

19 Likes

So now Trump is trying to poach from his own veep’s staff? I’d feel sorry for anyone with a boss that sleazy if they weren’t all horrible people.

32 Likes

8 Likes

27 Likes

Don’t think of it as him saying “no” to the President of the United States of America - think of it as him saying “no” to this President of the United States of America.

18 Likes

Cue Individual 1’s statement of sadness because the guy is good looking in 3, 2, 1…

9 Likes

54 Likes

This is a move by an experienced political operative. The given reason is of course nonsense, but credible enough when it needs to be. He sees the chaos in the white house from his cozy and stable position working for a more traditional politician. The smart career move here is to politely ignore this offer, which he did, and complete the term with Pence. After that he can probably take his pick from new offers.

13 Likes

Trump pushed Ayers to commit to two years on the job, but he declined. . . He offered to become chief of staff temporarily, but Trump insisted on a two-year commitment.

Two years??? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. Oh dear. – wipes tears from eyes–

Has anyone in Trump’s Staff held a position for two years? They’ve all got the job security of fruit flies, really.

38 Likes

^ was caught on video proclaiming support for the Nazis.

Quite the dumping ground.

17 Likes

I know a couple of folks who know (or indeed are) some of Pence’s people from his Governor’s days and while I have zero inside skinny on this, my sense is that Pence is loyal to his people in the normal way and likely advised this guy to have nothing to do with it given the coming shitshow.

9 Likes

Pence is purportedly mostly in the business of insulating himself these days. I tend to think he’s likely already implicated in something thanks to the campaign and transition. And if he really had scruples he’d be leaving.

But I don’t see any one he employs being foolish enough to go work for Trump directly. If the order of the day in VP land is stay away, and make sure you aren’t involved on paper. Going to work for The Pussy Grabber in Chief isn’t going to look like a step up.

14 Likes

So, basically Ayers said “I’ve already got three, thank you, not takin on another toddler.”

29 Likes

Trump: “Who can I find who’s even worse…?”

8 Likes

I’d like everybody here to think about the absolute reality-TV shit volcano that would be Trump interviewing candidates and taunting us with the possibilities as he gets ready to appoint a new Vice President.

7 Likes

Meadows was born in Verdon, France ?

2 Likes

Hey hey! Be fair to toddlers! :crazy_face:

3 Likes

Nick Ayers, … declined, citing young kids & desire to move back to GA

That sounds like very bad news for the peach state

4 Likes

Sooo at this rate we could probably hire every die hard MAGA fan to work for Trump for a day, which would probably cure most of them of their delusions.

16 Likes