Nightmare park attendant blocks driver, then falsely tells 911 she's being run over

Yeah, I’m actually really wondering what this woman’s motivations were in stopping the guy? And then to lie to the cops about what he was doing? WTF?

4 Likes

I won’t speculate as to her mental state or her potential lack of sobriety, but it’s stuff like this that really makes me wonder if some people aren’t somehow living on a different plane of reality than the rest of us.

O_O

8 Likes

Could just be the simple explanation of someone who has a little bit of authority exercising that over someone else, in order to make themselves feel better… the whole “tinpot dictator” thing.

8 Likes

https://bbs.boingboing.net/faq

That’s why.

13 Likes

@abutilon I agree completely that mental illness ≠ wanting to hurt others. Even when someone’s illness does cause harm to others I don’t generally consider that wanting to hurt others.

One of the bpd people I know has lost her husband and her two teenage children (the children refuse ANY contact with her) and her job, and has been completely unable to land a new job.

She also is a strong Christian. She has been torturing herself trying to understand “why God hates” her. I can’t imagine a much sadder, lower feeling than believing in a “loving” god and believing he nevertheless hates me for some reason.

3 Likes

Yikes! I had no idea that was codified. Thank you, you malevolent yet inexplicably helpful pixy!

11 Likes

The lack of recognition of the evidence the video would show, though; as we saw, she clearly knew she was being recorded and still asserted a completely different version of reality than what was happening.

She said an obviously stationary vehicle ran her over.

IMO, there’s more internal fuckery at work there than just your usual authoritarian-asshole ‘sense of entitlement.’

13 Likes

Yeah, I mean did we learn nothing from Zimbardo? People overstepping their authority is fairly normal behaviour. In a world where we’re creating special classes out of people who wear uniforms, classes that some people think deserved special (protected) treatment, this can be expected.

Merely exhibiting a behaviour in an isolated incident (we have no pattern of her life here) or under specific circumstances is not mental illness.

6 Likes

Yeah, totally.

4 Likes

Yes, a turnaround ought to be a gimme. I think even Mike Ehrmantraut would let that slide.

Or would he?

5 Likes

use the blog view instead of the site view.

3 Likes

better-call-saul-mike-swell|nullxnull

10 Likes

9 Likes

@lasermike026 I’m stealing a comment from the YouTube page that speaks to the video without violating rule #2 -

I can’t tell if this lady has taken too much of one drug or not enough of another.

3 Likes

Specifically the second sentence.

14 Likes

You’re all mistaken; the guy did run her over, Mike can fix everything, and the guy couldn’t leave. And… the police were coming.

Oh, plus… jet skis suck.

1 Like

Or that the dispatcher won’t notice it’s taking her longer to die than Desdemona in Othello?

8 Likes

Apparently, this is her schtick…
This is from 2017, Hampshire says a friend sent this to him.

4 Likes

Dye her hair orange and put her in a bad suit and you get the current POTUS.

1 Like

dang, she has a whole thing worked out, scream bloody victim on anyone she wants to assert power over…pretty fucked up. sad thing is that if she’s been doing it for a while, it obviously has been working. this is somewhere between crying wolf and swatting. she doesn’t seem to grasp how cameras work though…one fatal flaw in her plan is that it is 2018, cameras are everywhere.

1 Like