Nikki Haley to former supporters now supporting Kamala Harris: cease and desist!

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/24/nikki-haley-to-former-supporters-now-supporting-kamala-harris-cease-and-decist.html

16 Likes

@beschizza
Please desist.
(Not sure decist is even a word, and we absolutely do not want to think about decyst!)
:wink:
(Fixed now. Thanks, Rob.)

Maybe Haley is about to discover that if some Haley voters are for Harris they are allowed to describe themselves as that, and that she just slightly added to their fame by implementation of a small amount of the Streisand effect.

15 Likes

“Let it be known, that all those who once supported my righteous challenge against the ghastly goblin king must follow me into hell now that i’ve ‘unaccountably’ swapped sides to support the delightful goblin king!”

33 Likes

I like it!

elton john has a nice ring to it GIF by Rocketman

23 Likes

The group is called “Haley Voters for Harris” (formerly “for Biden”). They voted for Haley in the primary. They’re now supporting the Dem candidate because Haley lost and then caved to an unacceptable GOP one. I hope that she tries suing them, if only to give the judge a good laugh before she’s told to get out of the courtrooom.

22 Likes

“Why’d you guys listen to all those things I said!?”

19 Likes

Please refer to the Democratic Party as such. It’s not the “Democrat” Party. That’s the dishonest attempt by the GOP to disassociate the party from the concept.

29 Likes

If Haley had any actual conviction or values, she could have gone the full Liz Cheney and taken her followers and really been a pain in the ass for [expletive deleted]. Now she is revealed to be a quisling (to no one’s great surprise), and will end up with nothing to show for it.

21 Likes

Whether that prize should be called the Lindsey or the Ronnie is open for debate.

3 Likes

nelson-simpsons

8 Likes

Just a small example of how messed up people get when they are on the side of the Trump

4 Likes

@beschizza I came here to make the same correction.

It is offensive to pick up the habit the Republicans would like us to adopt.

13 Likes

‘Democrat’ Party is a huge pet peeve of mine, and it never fails to elevate my blood pressure.

Perhaps we should refer to the Republican Party as the ‘Republic’ Party. I wonder if that would get under their skin in the same way?

On second thought, the temperature is hot enough already around this election. Best not to poke the bear.

College Hill GIF by BET Plus

5 Likes

They are going to do everything possible to change the actual meaning of words that they don’t like. According to them, Liberal is now a dirty word. So is “woke”. Just as they are working to make Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion into something evil. They can’t win on policy so all they can do is try to smear.

10 Likes

Youv might think, but then on other issues, I’m delighted to see Harris sticking it to Tromp, right in the eye. And the feels, and probably other places too.

9 Likes

I agree about Harris! She ROCKS!

I was thinking about personally using the phrase, and the “not worth it” gremlin made me go “nope.” I have unfortunately thin skin. Which is why I’m not in politics.

7 Likes

Rachel Mcadams Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

7 Likes

The Republican Party

3 Likes

My little nephew says to take out the “l” too. :imp:

8 Likes

Darn, that was what I was going for :grimacing:. Curse my dodgy old eyesight. Can I borrow your nephew for reading duties?

8 Likes