'Haley Voters for Harris' speaking out

Originally published at: 'Haley Voters for Harris' speaking out - Boing Boing

9 Likes

More like Mr. Merritt in Pennsylvania, please.

15 Likes

When the Nikki Haley movement goes beyond Nikki Haley, and leaves her behind.

15 Likes

This also highlight’s Haley’s cowardice as a bonus.

20 Likes

And

I’m looking for people who can truly govern, not just people who have ideological standards.

What a novel idea - people who can actually govern. /s

(And ‘ideological standards’ in this context is doing a lot of heavy lifting. Looney-tunes fuckwittery, and christo-fascist fantasies may be closer to the meaning.)

15 Likes

Cool! Good thinking!

Oh, fuck off, Jack.

“I made a choice to support the non-forest fire contingent because the polarization between the forest and the forest fire turns me off and the forest at least wants to be a forest.”

Shut up and give us your vote.

11 Likes

There still is a Haley campaign?

9 Likes

The cease & desist means nothing; by the time the lawsuit hits the courts (if the campaign files one), the election will be a thing of the past. I can see the judge looking at the complaint and noting that Haley Voters for Harris no longer exists.

6 Likes

It also needs to have standing. The group isn’t claiming Hailey is endorsing Harris, isn’t using her name in any way that profits them or causes harm to her, and isn’t misrepresenting who they are. I don’t see what her standing could possibly be in a suit. They are an affinity group; they get to define themselves in any way that isn’t libelous, defamatory, or impinges on any existing IP.

Hailey has as much standing to sue “Hailey voters for Harris” as Disney does to sue “Disney Fans for Harris.”

7 Likes

Someone’s got to make sure the gas is off and the door gets locked on the way out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.