Nina Abney creates a "Artiste" UNO deck

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/21/nina-abney-creates-a-artiste-uno-deck.html

If i had to guess the “No” card might be a way to counter negative effect cards.There are house rules that my family uses that have this effect but it’s not something that exists in the actual game (the rule being that you can use a similar card to stack the effect and pass it on to the next player, ie: counter a draw two with your own draw two and the next person in line takes 4 cards unless they also have a draw two).

1 Like

Never teach my kids this rule: bloody cutthroats. Two-person Uno is often to see how many cards I can be left holding as they go out in one tactical nuke of a play.

2 Likes

Two person Uno is just not all that fun for me, i find it plays best with groups over 5 or more people. More people make it better and more chaotic lol, we often end up having to mix two stacks of Uno cards to have enough.

1 Like

It’s a different game with two: you tend to stockpile an arsenal to blow away your opponent, versus the subtle screw-your-neighbor strategy of group play. I like both. :blush:

2 Likes

It kills me that you need a special deck for Uno, considering the cards are primarily just numbers.

Just play Mau-Mau instead.

1 Like

I’ve played a game called Switch which is essentially the same as Uno, but played with a regular 52 card deck.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.