NJ to expunge criminal records of many pot offenders, and restore voting rights for 80,000+ convicts

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/18/nj-to-expunge-criminal-records.html

8 Likes

I’m with Phil!

Dopers are probably Democrats, ya think?

I’m sure there are a fair amount of “Mommy can’t tell me what to do!” Libertarians who’ve gotten busted over the years, too. But yeah, the goal of revoking the voting rights of these “criminals” has been to disenfranchise Dems, specifically PoC.

1 Like

That’s why the War On Drugs started. To disenfranchise black people and liberal whites.

However, I’ve known pot smokers on all possible corners of the political map. Over all, more voting-aged Americans have smoked pot than haven’t.

Yep, but Republicans don’t care about them. They consider them collateral damage in the war against liberalism. And I’m sure the right-leaning pot smokers who have been disenfranchised don’t care that they can’t vote, they just accept their position as collateral damage and say thank you sir may I have another.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.