No arrest or charges for white Florida woman who shot and killed black neighbor after yelling racial slurs at her children

Well they finally got around to arresting her. Whether they’ll actually be able to get a conviction in Florida remains to be seen I guess.

3 Likes

From the CBC article referenced in @Loozrboy’s post…

When interviewed, Lorincz claimed that she acted in self-defence and that Owens had been trying to break down her door prior to her discharging her firearm.

The sheriff said Owens was shot moments after going to the apartment of Lorincz, who had yelled at Owens’s children as they played in a nearby lot. He also said Lorincz had thrown a pair of skates that hit one of the children.

That’s assault and battery. Again I ask, why can’t she have been charged with the minimum as the investigation began? :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

And then allows for selection prosecution based on race. It’s a piece of shit law that i used to cover up racism shootings. that’s it.

No, it fucking ain’t. “It’s florida” is no excuse for a racist shooting.

10 Likes

The original JIm Crow was enforced by perfectly legal laws as well. What seems to happen is that the politician that forces equality liberty, and fraternity down the throats of the American people gets assassinated then the bigots immediately enact laws or keep laws in place to purge the fraternity part from the equation.

At least Ms. Lorincz is finding out that just because a law is in place does not make it a golden ticket to kill anyone, anytime, for anything you want. “Our shooter” is being charged with manslaughter.

4 Likes

Now that she’s been arrested, the statements left me smh:

According to the sheriff’s timeline, Lorincz called the department at 8:54 p.m. the night of the shooting to say kids were threatening her and trespassing. She had previously placed “no trespassing” signs in the grassy areas, despite it not being a part of her rental. Lorincz said in court she owns no property at all.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.