No food on weekends and ice-cold baths: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey's 11 "wellness" habits

This diet regiment sounds more like an eating disorder than a proper diet. Eating once a day and nothing on weekends? I presume this means no snacking, no drinks beyond water, etc? I couldn’t imagine this is something that would be healthy.

8 Likes

How many white supremacists does he recommend daily? I bet avoiding those all together would make for a spring one’s step.

4 Likes

Rich people are not crazy, they are eccentric.

15 Likes

It does seem like a completely calculated PR scheme to keep the public thinking about the personal lives of these super-capitalists instead of the sketchy bullshit their companies are doing. Also, people like this who hit the random corporate jackpot start to buy into their own mythology and forget they are just ordinary assholes who grow old and die like everyone.

15 Likes

Doesn’t an icy bath shrink your willenskraft?

19 Likes

It would certainly explain his gradual visual degradation into a haggard half-feral woodsman.

7 Likes

Whatever floats this dude’s boat. I’m sure he’s got good healthcare, but i worry about some impressionable random person seeing what he’s doing and thinking it sounds like a great idea.

4 Likes

it_is_known_gif

11 Likes

Dude needs to get a bike.

13 Likes

It certainly makes my voice much, much higher…

2 Likes

To each his own, I’ve tried both in the spirit of experimentation and they just made me an angry asshole. :rofl:

4 Likes

Where’s one of the STFU stickers when you need it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

i’m not a dot com billionaire so i really don’t know the drill. is it a requirement to be either paranoid, racist, afraid to maintain personal hygiene, power mad, a sexual predator or an apologist for them, and/or an insufferable dick?

3 Likes

These habits seem a little extreme to us, but I think around the world people do stuff similar to this regularly. Your body gets used to it. Consider Inuit or Nenetz living in below freezing temperatures nearly all year, Scandinavians and Slavs sitting in the sauna then jumping into an ice cold lake, and serious distance runners doing at least 5 miles a day, every day. Plus there has been talk among paleontologists about how human diet evolved, feast or famine may have been the norm for centuries.

If it works for him, fair enough.

5 Likes

Geeze people, the big take away from this article is the that guy with the plan for seven minute abs finally got his company going.

4 Likes

If I were a billionaire, the last thing that I would do would be to tell people exactly where I walk every day.

5 Likes

He’s structured his regimen like a predatory hunter - fasting for days, travelling long distances, long periods of waiting in a mindful trance, sleeping immediately after eating.

12 Likes
2 Likes

Makes sense. And…ewwwww.

2 Likes

But how many do all of these things?

2 Likes