No food on weekends and ice-cold baths: Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey's 11 "wellness" habits

This is the ritual he performs to convince himself he’s better than everyone else and deserves everything he’s got.

Stoicism is a “just world” philosophy. Very unbecoming on a walking lotto ticket.

8 Likes

Oh, I’m sure his “walk to work” entails walking on a treadmill inside an armored luxury tour bus or something.

That’s the thing, his life is functionally a video game; other than actual death, it’s basically impossible for someone that rich to experience a consequence they don’t want to. That’s what makes these “lifestyle” PR packages so profoundly meaningless. It’s untranslatable into normal human terms. The only interesting lifestyle choices he could make would involve living in a hollow volcano or giant airship, and the takeaway is that he’s too boring for that.

6 Likes

Similarly curious if he’s working this angle:

2 Likes

(written by Shel Silverstein, folks! )

5 Likes

to be fair if i ever get that rich i too would trolley tech bros into doing the ice bucket challenge every day

2 Likes

Ya… Steve Jobs munched carrots to cure his cancer, Peter Thiel thinks injecting himself with young blood will stop aging.

Draw your own conclusions

4 Likes

From here:

To here:

4fdfb55269bedde274000008-480-378

Personally I say awesome, intermittent fasting and all.

Remember he also spends over an hour strolling to work each morning…

No doubt he’s worked exceptionally hard to get to the point where he doesn’t have to work hard. Much harder than your or I at least…

/s

4 Likes

Assume you sleep 8 hours a day (well probably 7 but it takes an hour to nod off), work another 8 (call it 9 for lunch+commute). 24-17 gives you 7 more hours to work with.

Now you might have a couple hours of house chores (including cooking) which he could hypothetically hire someone for. And an hour to actually eat. But assuming you have no family or spouse (which he may not) that still gives you 4 hours a day to do with what you please.

So yeah, if you prioritize meditation over TV, surfing the net (reading BoingBoing), meeting with friends, etc, etc, you can probably spend 3+ hours a day doing meditation type stuff.

I personally have other stuff I’d rather do.

That’s certainly possible. Though it’s also true that tech founders tend to be a bit eccentric to start with. And once you get to be successful enough it’s hard to find people who don’t think that everything that comes out of your mouth is brilliant, and even harder to be around normal people doing normal things.

It’s almost inevitable that you’re going to start developing some very odd ideas and habits.

It could be worse, at least he isn’t running for president.

2 Likes

You don’t have to be a serious runner to do this, I run to work as a form of commuting. I do 10km a day 5 days a week and once you get used to it you don’t even really feel like you’re exercising.

5 Likes

Or as The Shat would say:

1 Like

I’d do speeding or even fasting like I did for a week
in the beverley hills hotel once but you have to 365/24

and I like my delish stacks when I can get them
should I mention the …

Walking 5 miles in the polluted air will take away some of the years he’s thinking of adding to his life. It must exhausting being such a jerk.

1 Like

Temporarily.

1 Like

It’s darkly amusing that these CEOs and billionaires tend to gravitate towards this stuff- meditation, asceticism, all sorts of self denial, all while sitting on dragon-sized hoards of wealth.

7 Likes

There’s an “eat a Snickers Bar” ad in there.

2 Likes

Funny!

Hahaha! Yeah, right, people get 8 hours in bed and only spend 8-9 hours getting to work, working, and getting home again.

I remember those times, but they were many decades ago now.

3 Likes

Fasting doesn’t make you miserable.

1 Like

I’d try stuff too but I’d have to start from your end-state.

1 Like

It might just be anecdotal, but I’ve heard that heavy meditators have less need for caloric intake. The idea seems to be that the brain generally requires a lot of energy to power it, but if there are fewer random thoughts then it doesn’t need as much.

So that might be why he can handle such a serious fasting regimen.