No joke: Trump says again today that we're "way ahead" if we slow down testing

this is a man who has his own testing machine taking a very expensive resource from medical facilities, is tested daily and everyone around him is tested daily

why the hell did this country elect a tyrant

4 Likes

He really is an oranger, even dumber, less attractive version of White Goodman.

5 Likes

I wish one of the news agencies would start referring to his “handlers” as his “babysitters”. And his “lies” as “lies”.

Especially after four years of this shit show with no consequences. The new standard has been set. American Democracy is out of calibration.

First, a good chunk of us didn’t. In fact, it has been shown that the majority of us didn’t. Electoral College ftw.

Second, “he isn’t afraid of speaking his mind, by God!”

11 Likes

Exactly, why waste time on "Did X = X?" when you can move on to W, Y, Z.

They instead need to ask him leading questions like "So was it Azar or Birx you would ask to slow down the testing?" He’s likely to blurt out something like "No no no no, it was Pence-- I told Pence I wanted the tested slowed and for him to handle it-- so I really didn't do anything."

18 Likes

Given that he makes up the scores for his golf games, I’m surprised he hasn’t started making up the testing numbers and results, too.

7 Likes

I kind of feel bad about saying this, but I really wish he did that and then got arrested and imprisoned. One life vs. the thousands of people’s deaths he’s responsible for.

I see him getting away with that. At least, while he’s still in office.

4 Likes

I feel bad about saying that I wish he would pull a gun on someone on 5th Avenue and a ‘good guy with a gun’ would then deal with the problem, only because it might help support the dumb ‘good guy with a gun’ argument.

Might be a tactic to saturate the media, search engines etc. so that when doing a search for him one is inundated by his new talks, while 3rd parties comments about him are buried down the pages.

1 Like

Makes perfect sense. I mean, if I’m sick, but don’t know I’m sick, then I’m not sick, right? And if I don’t know I’m sick, then you can’t say I’m sick. Got it?

4 Likes

Cooper Black! Wooo!

Wasn’t it Reagan who joked about launching missiles? Not something people in that job should be doing.

We are way ahead if we:

evade taxes or our inheritance
don’t pay our vendors
swindle everyone we come in contact with
launder Russian capital flight
deny all of the above

2 Likes

There have been several examples of I SHAT MYSELF ON PURPOSE, but this story really seems to be the standout, will-be-remembered-for-all-time example of this tweet. It’s one for the history books.

5 Likes

And Trumpists get offended when people automatically assume that they are ignorant or even stupid…

I would add Depraved Indifference.

I’m no psychiatrist, but he seems to be in the terminal stages of solipsistic collapse; he literally believes that he’s the only real person in the world, and that everyone else is a clever simulation put here so he can demonstrate how wonderful he is.

From A Ladybird Book About Donald Trump (copyright 2019):

9 Likes

Obama too. White House correspondents dinner. Drone killing as a joke. At a time when the US was conducting a no oversight executive ordered drone killing campaign and then murdering the people who turned up at the funeral.

Just as a for instance of what happens with decades of racist violence having no consequences for those doing it.

Edit
Obviously this guy is a genuine monster but laughing about killing people has been normalised into a bipartisan trait. I mean look at how John “bomb bomb Iran” McCain is so widely admired.

1 Like

I don’t know why Trump hasn’t just latched on to the most obvious solution to the pandemic: just issue an executive order halting Death Certificates.

3 Likes

The Trolley Experiment in the wild, ladies and gentlemen!

3 Likes