Watch the full, uncut Trump interview with Axios and Jonathan Swan [VIDEO]

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/08/04/watch-the-totally-bananas-t.html

7 Likes

Sadly, none of this was surprising or shocking to me. Drumpf’s routine is to take over every conversation, not letting the other person present a different side, and brag about what he perceives as wins. Was it frustrating to watch? Yes. Does that poor reporter deserve an award for his incredibly deep well of patience dealing with this idiot? Hell yes. To pretend that any of this is uncharacteristic of Trump’s typical routine is laughable, though.

30 Likes

His media team must be bigger than his team of Advisors / Enablers

3 Likes

You know that this is what was probably going though his mind at the time:

8c4c28399b2b4d5cabd96e0815e7341be8c84cc6

18 Likes

I don’t think anyone is pretending that, really. It’s more exposing the routine that otherwise gets hidden under the carpets. And like Xeni notes, ol’ Biff is already posting heavily edited cuts that he thinks make him look good. So make sure the unedited version gets shared more, people!

27 Likes

Hearing the HBO intro sound, I was waiting for violins to break out (in the Game of Thrones theme).

11 Likes

Christ, what an asshole.

25 Likes

My heart isn’t ready for watching this. I need at least a month of recovery.

21 Likes

Even Monty Python could not anticipate this.
The Real Estate Swindler’s assessment of Covid-19 is the equivalent of the Black Knight’s flesh wound. We should immediately amend the constitution to force the resignation of POTUS triggered by a performance like this.

14 Likes

Dear quori,

That will be just in time for the election.

3 Likes
27 Likes

Even Monty Python could not anticipate this.

Also, his constant claims that he’s the real victim.

c03cf79f602a62fdf18a0c8c9c6b39da

20 Likes

Oh, I’m sure Trump has very little grasp of how statistics really work. He sees numbers he likes, that he thinks look good, and he touts them.

He faked his way through school. He’s rich because he was born rich and because he hired a team of lawyers and accountants to keep him rich despite all his worst tendencies.

15 Likes

Ha. Even though I watched GoT, for me I’m always expecting the Sopranos intro.

7 Likes

42 Likes

He speaks for all of us.

16 Likes

In Turmp’s mind the takeaway from this interview is: “Look! I’m on the TV!”, and in his supporters’ minds the takeaway is “Look! He’s on the TV! So presdiential”

18 Likes

It should be captioned “Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance.”

15 Likes

The looks of bafflement and disbelief with an actual brain running – unlike Tucker Carlson.

18 Likes

Unwatchable blather from a failed president who has lost all credibility.

8 Likes