No One is Illegal

Continuing thread from:

10 Likes
8 Likes

is it euphemism or accuracy that causes me to use the term “undocumented immigrant” instead of illegal anything?

5 Likes
12 Likes

I have a touch of claustrophobia and those pics cause me some anxiety. I cannot imagine what it is like to be one of these human beings crammed into this situation. Obviously they are not being viewed as humans. Of course when that what Il Douche preaches, that is not really shocking. It is the new standard. Your humanity is directly related to your skin tone. Which makes me wonder, does my own human-ness decrease now that gardening season is in full swing and my skin is notably darker?

9 Likes

The term “illegal immigrant” implies that a person is illegal in and of themselves, as opposed to being a person who may have done something illegal.

“Undocumented immigrant” is a better term because it recognizes the humanity of the subject while also acknowledging their tenuous legal status.

13 Likes
8 Likes

That’s a concentration camp.

11 Likes

As per usual, suffering and pain is the point. “You don’t matter, we can do to you whatever we please.” Common enough dictator strategy.

8 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

Reminder that deaths by malicious neglect were killing concentration camp prisoners long before the gas chambers were operational.

Anne Frank wasn’t gassed; she died of typhus.

11 Likes
8 Likes
7 Likes

Honestly, this is better than I expected.

8 Likes

That is far better than I would have expected. Perhaps this will influence future prosecutions?

5 Likes
4 Likes

3 Likes

meanwhile:

When did Boomers get a fucking financial and racists time machine with healthcare ?

3 Likes

peep-show-hans-bullshit

1 Like