No One is Illegal

“ “It’s a reiteration of family separation,” Sarah Valdes, a lawyer for RAICES told CBS News. “She’s only unaccompanied because they showed up at the hospital and they arrested her adult family member.”

9 Likes

This seems to have been buried in the news tsunami of this week:

4 Likes

No worries. We can finish it in 2021. Had to get the court ruling in now to put a pin in it.

4 Likes

Thank Bill Clinton for this one:

7 Likes
8 Likes
6 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes
7 Likes

Excellent examples of Christian values, caring for “the least of these,” “the immigrant and the wayfairer in your country.” Evangelicals must be so proud. Sadly, they actually seem to be fine with this kind of shit. “Begone, I never knew you.”

5 Likes

You could remake the parable of the Good Samaritan for 2020 America, with Donald Trump and Pat Robertson walking by, and Ilhan Omar stopping to help.

I expect Trumpist Evangelicals would misunderstand though

7 Likes

The context does not improve it:

I’m reminded of this:

5 Likes

What goes around…

6 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes

The ACLU and the kids in cages…

2 Likes

Remember when libs were responding to every criticism of the Dems by chanting a mantra of “kids in cages”?

See this thread:

Or, to summarise:

If you are confronted with two evils, thus the argument runs, it is your duty to opt for the lesser one, whereas it is irresponsible to refuse to choose altogether. Those who denounce the moral fallacy of this argument are usually accused of a germ-proof moralism which is alien to political circumstances, of being unwilling to dirty their hands.

Politically, the weakness of the argument has always been that those who choose the lesser evil forget very quickly that they chose evil.

— Hannah Arendt

9 Likes
10 Likes

Guess he’ll have to give back his paychecks too?

8 Likes

“Even as deadly hate crimes increase, fewer law enforcement agencies are electing to report data to the FBI,” said Nikki Singh of the Sikh Coalition. “Especially given the dangerously divisive political climate of the past four years, we should be reckoning with the problem of hate in America – not continuing to sweep it under the rug.”

I dunno, maybe recognizing that many police forces in the USA aid and assist in systemic racism and hire members who support the prevailing bigoted attitudes?

7 Likes