"No place to send them?" Musk scrambles to justify diverting Nvidia chips away from Tesla

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/06/05/no-place-to-send-them-musk-scrambles-to-justify-diverting-nvidia-chips-away-from-tesla.html

4 Likes

Lying shitweasel is a lying shitweasel. This is not exactly new information :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Yep. Don’t forget asshat and fuckwad. “Toxic” asshat and “entitled” fuckwad, my bad. :smiley:

12 Likes

So, let me get this straight, just for the record:

You didn’t misappropriate the option to receive half a billion dollars worth of hardware when you ordered it, rather than 6 months later; you just mismanaged what should have been a relatively stock datacenter build such that you had half a billion dollars worth of hardware with nowhere to rack it?

I can see that being an advantage from the number-of-possible-charges perspective; but I’m not feeling the leadership here.

8 Likes

[…]

The TV news report didn’t clear up any specifics around the transaction between Tesla and X or xAI, including details on whether Tesla had already paid for the H100 GPUs and whether Tesla was compensated for giving up its spot in line.

The conditions of the order swap could be pretty important given that, despite being the face of Tesla, Musk is not the owner, as the electric car maker is a publicly traded company. It may not be okay with investors or regulators if Musk acted in his capacity as Tesla CEO to divert the H100 shipment to private companies he owns without giving Tesla something in return.

[…]

17 Likes

Thanks FGD135, that’s the bit I was missing.

4 Likes

… oh hey that’s a good game

2 Likes

Yep, despite having an assclown-in-chief in common, they’re two separate companies and the competition bureau might have an issue with such a big dick move.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.