Nobody is happy in the first trailer for Avengers: Endgame

My point is that just because a source medium has certain tropes doesn’t mean they make sense in a different medium.

What’s not to love?

18 Likes

Now you’re just teasing me with beautiful poetry.

7 Likes

I had to give that a like, just for the instantaneous mental imagery alone.

4 Likes

So in the scenario you describe, the source medium (comic books) are your feces on a napkin, and the different medium (film) is the performative act of smearing it on someone who watched you excrete them?

We’re having a very intellectual discussion here, I want to make sure I’m engaging with your metaphor correctly. You’re probably going to offend those who enjoy comic books by going down this road.

Is this typical of the language you use to express your opinions on BoingBoing? (I’m in a mood today, yes.)

3 Likes

Is it even POSSIBLE to have a discussion about Avengers 4 without revealing events from Avengers 3?

11 Likes

Thank goodness Hawkeye is back. Because a guy who is really good at archery is sure to tip the scales in a battle against a villain who is more powerful than the gods themselves.

20 Likes

Especially if he’s stood over there rather than up close :smirk:

7 Likes

80% of the empty apartments will be instantly turned into condos by their landlords (or their heirs), and will then be sold to foreign investors criminal organizations who buy them as investments with no plans to ever step inside them, so no, Aunt May will still probably find that the rent’s too fucking high.

8 Likes

Who said I didn’t enjoy comic books? Liking comic books and thinking the ending of Avengers 3 was complete and utter bullshit in the context of a movie (where it’s quite obvious nothing will be permanent making the entire thing a waste of time) don’t have to be mutually exclusive.

Oh boy, here we go… If you’re going to start with the ad homs, I’m out.

6 Likes

They should surprise everyone and bring Agent Coulson back. Nick Fury is gone and it might cheer Steve up.

11 Likes

Also its something that’s “spoiled” in the first 30 seconds of the trailer.

3 Likes

Hey… even the littlest people can make a big difference, by acting at just the right moment, though.

And Hawleye isn’t a bad dude to have watching Captain Marvel’s back.

Also, I must:

11 Likes

Don’t bother, I’ll show myself out.

12 Likes

The last time we lost anywhere close to half the human population it caused the end of feudalism in Britain. I wouldn’t bet on late stage capitalism surviving Thanos.

14 Likes

That is a microscopic silver lining, I guess. Especially if there’s no structural damage to fix, and all the current resources are still left.

10 Likes

Dang, bummer city.

Some wackos would probably start the Church of Thanos – if they even knew what happened. A lot would think everyone had been raptured.

9 Likes