Nope: Mayonnaise ice cream

I know manure tastes bad, i don’t need to try it to know it. Same thing here.

3 Likes

Imagine ketchup ice cream…(argh)…fried goat cheese, & rice noodle, waffles, served with barbecue sauce flavored ice cream, etc,

1 Like

So, ketchup and mayonnaise ice cream. Now all I need to complete my masterpiece is some frozen french fries

1 Like

Can now make tuna salad ice cream (for cats?)…

Counterpoint: mayo is delicious and a deeply traditional and old French sauce. A beautifully simple thing made through the magic of eggs.

Were originally served with mayonnaise. And still are in big chunks of Europe (also my house).

Is not mayonnaise.

4 Likes

com-optimize%20(6)

5 Likes

I don’t mind real mayo on sandwiches and some savory foods; but anything with any vinegar in it and ice cream just don’t mix, in my book.

Hard pass.

4 Likes

this here is why i learned to mute threads

2 Likes

I was once in Barcelona for company business and stopped for some gelato with the local sales rep who was showing me around.

When he saw his flavor of choice was available, he indicated to me that he just can’t choose anything else when he saw it…it was Roquefort.

6 Likes

Did you try it? I can’t imagine it could be any good, but I have to say the Camembert ice cream was pretty decent, and the French eat Camembert when it is ripe and super funky.

1 Like

It was years ago, so I can’t recall if it did…

3 Likes

That reminds me - and I just have to dad brag, the kiddo was in a production of Alice in Wonderland last week. They did it in only 9 days (auditions included) and she was the the Dodo Bird.

6 Likes

Begun the #icecreamwars have. It is too late for the topping to vote.

4 Likes

Very old and thick (non-thickended!) Aceto Balsamico di Modena. As a topping with unsweetened whipped cream, on a coppa of fresh strawberry, and vanilla-tonka bean gelato.

The idea makes my mouth water. Seriously.

5 Likes

Most commercial mayo brands I’m familiar with use some variation of this kind of vinegar:

Again, I’m good.

4 Likes

I agree on your rejection based in the facts presented. However, I choose to dream of a better world with better gelato.

Not coming to any English speaking country soon, I fear. Least of all, Scotland.

1 Like

To me, that’s like apples and oranges. I love the taste of cheese, but mayo seems like a paste made from eggs that weren’t very fresh.

1 Like

Great. Now I’m trying to remember the name of the place with the fabulous salt & vinegar fries…

3 Likes

Wash it down with the Jones Slow Roasted Turkey and Gravy soda for good measure.

2 Likes

They need to start making those again. Not for me to buy, but because the world needs more of the fun kind of weird.