North Carolina county bans Coke machines in support of restrictive Georgian voting laws

According to the article, this county has 73,000 residents. It every single resident committed to never drinking Coca-Cola ever again, Coca-Cola probably doesn’t even collect data granular enough to measure the impact.

11 Likes

I would be carrying a Coke with me everywhere except for the fact that I can’t stand the disgusting sugar water peddled by Coca Cola and the fact that I don’t live in North Carolina. This does make me want to get a Coke themed water bottle.

2 Likes

I think 7Elevens, gas stations, and bait shops are unaffected, note:

It is just the office buildings. I assume just the county government office buildings, not the office buildings say random companies in the county, but I’m less sure of that.

4 Likes

“North Carolina county bans Coke machines in support of restrictive Georgian voting laws”

or…

North Carolina county unaware that Coke’s statements were just window dressing, and is still contributing millions to conservative causes, as always.

6 Likes

When the local university signed an “all Coke, no Pepsi,” marketing agreement, a friend of mine was the illicit Pepsi pusher in her office. She was netting a fair amount of pocket change before they shut her down.

7 Likes

Yeah, that’s gonna work out real well. I mean, NC is still the south, and we LOVE coke down here. NC doesn’t even have a tasty alternative beverage like the lesser Carolina, SC has in Cheerwine…

9 Likes

No Coke, Pepsi

8 Likes

I just saw this today in my local grocery for the first time. Sounds super sweet.

5 Likes

Nectar of the Gods!

1 Like

To be fair, only having orange soda is probably why the Nazis lost.

2 Likes

I thought this would be about an uprising of fascist sentient Coke machines.

2 Likes

SHARE AND ENJOY™

2 Likes

Actually the Nazi version of Fanta was not the current version, was made with whatever was available, so the name ‘fanta’ as ‘fantasy’.

The current Fanta was shaped in Italy, Naples because there were a lot of oranges available, so an orange carbonated drink was invented.

2 Likes

Blenheim’s ginger ale is the only soft drink from SC I recognize.

…but also produced orange soda for the Nazis

I’ll never get that complaint. First of all, if you want to criticize the Nazis I can think of millions better reasons.

And the German soda factories? They invented a soda they could make with the ingredients they had, really, that is the worst they did. And Coca-Cola factories in occupied countries did the same.

And Coca-Cola, not a holy perfect entity either but in this case they were an American company whose assets were seized by the Nazis and they took them back after the liberation… It was theirs now.

4 Likes

Oh no! That is 0.000000000000000000000000000000000001 % of Coca Cola’s income wiped out!

1 Like

Yeah, everybody needs to stop a moment, think of North Carolina… beverages… North Carolina… beverages… and realize that Pepsi owns Mountain Dew anyway. If they tried that with Mountain Dew, withdrawal alone could flip to state to Democrats.

Kickstart Dancing Animals GIF by Mountain Dew

2 Likes

Ahh, Surry County. Home of big agra franken chicken.

I surprised no one has pointed out that this might be a constitutional rights matter. A government agency is punishing public entities over a matter of speech. Coke and its local distributor can easily file a case and point to specific damages due to explicitly expressed and documented unconstitutional actions of the county.

9 Likes

The real problem is they didn’t go far enough. Why not ban it from the grocery stores and restaurants? Why aren’t they stopping cars to search for coca-cola? Searching house to house until they get it all and then they can bust it all up on the street and arrest the criminals who have it? These people are just RINOs who need to be primary’d and replaced with Trump Republicans who will ban anything that offends the dear leader and punish the criminal scum who own those things with serious jail time or maybe worse!

2 Likes