North Carolina county bans Coke machines in support of restrictive Georgian voting laws

Originally published at: North Carolina county bans Coke machines in support of restrictive Georgian voting laws | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Yeah, ban Coke machines! That’ll teach 'em to…um…support voting?

Funny how the right complains so much about cancel culture - yet they have long been the party of violent suppression.

Also, it’s amazing the amount that right wingers project. Anytime they condemn others of doing something, they are actively engaged in said behavior. Every…single…time.

49 Likes

I thought this was going to be about not letting people drink soda while they’re waiting in line to vote

27 Likes

They’re upset about cancel culture, so they’re cancelling coke.

How about they cancel their air and save us their whining.

Also, fuck coke. They hire mercenaries in order to acquire land and water.

27 Likes

Hey North Carolina.

12 Likes

Since the party of “personal freedom” and “small government” has just used governmental overreach to restrict their personal freedom to buy a nice, refreshing Coke/Sprite/Nestea during their work day, I’d like to think this means most of the people working in the Surry County office buildings are now thinking, “This is some bullshit,” and are planning to vote blue next time they get a chance.

27 Likes

Just drink Guaraná Jesus…

7 Likes

I believe i mentioned Guarana in my Picanha adventures posting. I used to live on Guarana Antarctica.

4 Likes

I loved it when I was a child. Now I cannot drink it anymore. The taste of this soda is very different from the Antarctic one.

These people are real snowflakes. Everything hurt their feelings. As the Guaraná Jesus is pink, probably they would cry it was a gay domination propaganda tool.

4 Likes

Why have voting booths then? Just tally up how many cans of Coke were sold versus Pepsi and form a State government based on that?
(by the way… the new machines don’t accept cash - you’ll have to use a credit card).

2 Likes

Anyone really think this will stop the folks in that building who drink Coke from buying Coke?

They’ll just get it in some back alley from the friendly neighborhood Coke dealer.

42 Likes

20 Likes

Or an unlicensed Dr. Pepper.

24 Likes

Damn crybabies. This ranks right up there with the politicians who took a stand against France by renaming French fries as “Freedom fries”.

13 Likes

The machines that likely belong to or are at a minimum stocked by a local company. That receives stock from an independently owned NC bottler.

Coke won’t ever even see the loss in revenue, but good job hurting your local companies/constituents to make a statement.

20 Likes

I’d be surprised if there were all that many actual Coke machines in the county. My guess is that local 7Elevens, gas stations and bait shops all have well stocked refrigerators.

5 Likes

If you outlaw Coke, only outlaws will have Coke. Obvs.

13 Likes

From the famous Brazil ep of the Simpsons somewhere around season 6 or 7 I think.

3 Likes

I’m sure you’d like to think that. I would like to think that as well. Unfortunately, I live in the actual world (where you also presumably live) and thus am far more confident that all those people working in a rural N. Carolina county will dutifully pull the lever/fill the bubble for whoever has an R next to their name and screams about voter fraud, radical communist antifa nazis and how Black folks are the real racists the loudest.

Being right about this brings me no joy at all.

6 Likes

Like Coke or their bottlers care. The real money is in supermarket and restaurant sales. Good luck passing a law prohibiting McD’s, Quick Trip, or Sam/s Club from selling Coke.

7 Likes