North Dakota Republicans propose $1500 fines for using pronouns that upset them

Right there you’ve nailed it! The old playground bully is getting freaked out because so many new kids just laugh at him and go on with life. The bully fights back of course but it knows its days are limited.

14 Likes

And they call us snowflakes?

25 Likes

I’d offer the same – and truly mean it – but rural Indiana? Yeah, I wouldn’t fault anyone for not taking me up on it!

20 Likes

Amazingly thin skinned to have such dense heads. How on earth can us on the left possibly bother those big tough repugnicans? So tough but so frail, not only sticks and stones can break their bones but words an make them wither as well. Damned curious bunch!

8 Likes

Unleash the wolverines on these assholes.

4 Likes

Sounds about right to me.

2 Likes

$1500? That’s a far cry from free. Why do Republicans hate the bill of rights?

7 Likes

Because it also applies to those evil Others.

10 Likes

""This latest proposal, “which has received basically zero support,…”
So basically; somebody, or some group, something something; gave a political a bunch of $$$ to introduce/propose a bunch of crap. And like a good (not), politician; they did what the money told them too. #CheapVileDisgusting

5 Likes

Even if a person wanted to abide by this law how the heck would any given person know which sex a person they had never met before was assigned at birth?

16 Likes

You obviously just verify all your acquaintances for ideological correctness with the nearest political officer; that’s just how freedom works, citizen.

Failing that, the bill has some Very Science, Such Objectivity, Wow criteria conveniently defined.

“If sex, gender, gender identity, or gender expression is contested, determination is
established by the individual’s deoxyribonucleic acid.”

It would be rude to snidely insinuate that you have to be some deeply unimpressive combination of dumb and lazy to not even bother plagiarizing a couple of paragraphs about Y-chromosomes to dress up your exercise in bigoted pandering; so I’m just going to have to outright state that David Clemons must be some deeply unimpressive combination of dumb and lazy about his bigoted pandering.

9 Likes

It’s always funny how they are quick to jump on things like “wokeness”, “cancel culture”, and “political correctness”. They call people who fight for social change “snowflakes”, “social justice warriors” (as if that’s somehow a bad thing?), elites, and “libt*rds”.

They love to talk about how tough and manly they are. They have guns, trucks, and don’t care what others say. They just tell it like it is, and if the way it is happens to be racist or *phobic, who cares? The first amendment says they can say whatever they want and it also says you have to listen to them! And if you don’t like it, the second amendment says they can shoot you for disagreeing! The constitution says you’re entitled to listen to them, and if you don’t want to, that’s censorship, man!

Yet they sure seem to get offended easily and seem to have fragile egos. This often leads to the party of “small government” and “reduced regulations” using the levers of power to try to suppress others from exercising their first amendment rights or asserting their own personhood through regulations and government intervention.

Fucking hypocrites, every last one of them.

24 Likes

Nobody is assigned a pronoun at birth. They are assigned a sex, after which society assigns an associated pronoun.

10 Likes

Freedom of Speech, that’s some motherfuckin’ bullshit
You say the wrong thing, they’ll lock your ass up quick

Ice-T

8 Likes

Certainly, but my point is that even if sex, gender and pronouns were all the same thing (as this dingus clearly believes) then it would still be unreasonable to expect any given person to have the knowledge needed to be in compliance with the law unless they conducted a medical examination of everyone they met before addressing them.

12 Likes

There are plenty of us here making plans to get out. Welfare and continuation of health care has stopped me leaving so far, but that isn’t going to last with the Tories trying to destroy everything in Britain that I cared about.

16 Likes

Meet you in Malta?

Though Portugal seems more affordable.

17 Likes

tom cruise projector GIF

6 Likes

… and have nothing but fun along the way!

It may partly have to do with news being bogarted by all-things-Trump-on-the-dump; walking-joke Santos; and Clown Car GOP House… and now the latest about Barr/Durham. Gotta distract their base (and spool up for the next elections) with the things they love to hate and mindlessly carp about.

9 Likes

As long as those rabid weasels are okey-dokey on that sort of extreme tailoring, then yea… sure!

@KathyPartdeux

That rating for Ukraine. With all the help they’ve received and continue to receive from NATO countries and with Ukraine still wanting to join NATO, I hope the current administration, et al, are leaning on Ukraine for changes (ex: much improved protections, etc.)

5 Likes