North Korea invites Trump to denuclearization talks. Breakthrough or power stunt?

what a night for @dennisrodman

The most relevant tweet. (:

1 Like

Swap hairstylists.

3 Likes

The “master negotiator” gets powned by RocketBoy…

2 Likes

Trump may snatch victory from the jaws of defeat here - he could send Kushner to the meeting in his place.

4 Likes

My first reaction on seeing this:

Fool me twice, shame on me.

2 Likes

I suspect that South Korea has started to panic at the prospect of two lunatics starting a nuclear war that kills mostly Koreans. So they’ve quietly offered Trumpco a fancy hotel or something to go to the meeting and stop all the crap.

Note the obsequious flattering in the SK diplomat’s statement. Anything to get the morons to stop posturing and inching closer to war on SK soil.

4 Likes

OMG - if they got like a complete make over by each others stylist - that would be gold.

3 Likes

I have no problem with Trump meeting his end by trapdoor full of man eating sharks with laser beams in their heads.

4 Likes

I think they’re both simple-minded idiots. They’ll meet over some nice cake, discover they have a lot in common and become great friends. Then in our dipshit-in-Chief’s mind he’ll decide that it’s ok for his buddy Kim to have nukes. Then he’ll start praising North Korea and Kim Jong Un and will announce that the North Korea problem is solved.

2 Likes

Let’s look at Trump’s recent history (DACA and tariffs) and imagine the sequence.

“I’m going to meet with Kim in May.”
“I’m going to meet with Kim after May.”
“I’m going to negotiate meeting with Kim next year.”
“Instead of going to North Korea, I’m going to North Dakota. It will be the greatest thing any president, uh, Human, has ever done.”

4 Likes

Not sure it’s the whole country. I’d say it’s closer to the 0.0001% of North Koreans that are wealthy and feel entitled to destroy their homeland.

3 Likes

Iran wanted nuclear weapons - made a deal with the US - not dead.

I don’t disagree with you, but there is more to the story than making deals with the US and then dying.

1 Like

I’m going to say it’s a bit from A and a bit from B. It’s clear North Korea knows they can’t push too far, realizing how utterly incompetent, thus dangerous this administration is being all stick and no carrot, so their old tactics don’t work so well. But since they’re dealing with an easily impressionable 70 year old kid as Prez, I think they figure if they stroke his ego enough he’ll fall over himself to give them anything they want. At least that’s my pet theory.

5 Likes

Iran was playing at getting nuclear weapons in order to create an international incident. The government needs a conflict because it is wildly unpopular among its majority population.

Like North Korea, countries who advertise their uranium enrichment and missiles are not really taking nuclear weapons production seriously. They just want to ruffle feathers for its own sake.

Iran got to sell off its overly expensive uranium in exchange for having some of its assets back which were seized in 1979. North Korea gets to extort cash from its neighbors.

Countries which are serious about developing them can do so in secret without the world ever finding out. It is rather easy to keep such things under ground (sometimes literally) Case in point were France, Israel, South Africa, Pakistan and India all developed nukes without anyone knowing until either their first test or some kind of admission after the fact.

2 Likes

Gotta remember, cognac and street legal sports cars cost a bundle, how else is Kim Jong Un going to impress Dennis Rodman without such fancy goodies?

1 Like

Exactly.

Plus there is only so much money you can make by flooding Japan and South Korea with guns, counterfeit money and amphetamines.

1 Like

Seriously, the North Koreans are doing street drug dealing? Wild! It’s like a Fallout game but without the funny conversation lines for having low intelligence.

2 Likes

They are doing the manufacturing and exporting. More Walter White than local pusher.

2 Likes

Of all the egos in all the presidencies in all the world, he walks into Trump’s.

1 Like

I’m sure the 4 nations who sought to manipulate J Cushner had nothing to do with the timing, or emboldened anyone to see President Dennison as a mark. All is well!

1 Like