North Koreans spotted playing volleyball at nuclear test site

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/04/20/north-koreans-spotted-playing.html

1 Like

I saw a hot dog stand too, and what I think is a swimming pool.

5 Likes

That really shows you the depth of communist depravity. Playing nuclear volleyball when they should be playing nuclear football like civilized people.

24 Likes

I’m also thinking that people working ammunition transport ships generally don’t bother with protective gear–if the thing goes, ain’t no helmet/flak vest gonna help.

I see nuclear bunker workers in much the same way.

6 Likes

Pass the Juche!

3 Likes
See Sage Young
6 Likes

It’s either a ploy, or those volleyball playing workers will be put in front of cannons today.

2 Likes

I suppose ‘the workers are just playing volleyball on a nice warm spring day during their lunch break’ is not an option?

Not to be alarmist, but, do we have confirmation that it isn’t badminton. Which would be a whole new league.

9 Likes

Requisite:

16 Likes

Are we sure they weren’t actually playing with a sphere from their latest missile’s guidance system, because that might explain…?

4 Likes

How do you say “Hurry up and wait.” in Korean? Because: “War. War never changes.”

6 Likes

However said saftey gear does help with non nuclear worksite problems. likea co worker drops a thing above where you are, a railing comes loose, etc.

3 Likes

I was looking for a Korean cover of “Playing With the Boys” and sadly the Internet let me down.

So, here’s a Korean version of Gangsta’s Paradise instead:

3 Likes

Came here for that.

1 Like

How come we never get satellite images of those 150,000 Russian troops massing in the Ukraine border?

3 Likes

And surfing?

1 Like

I want to get my limitations lifted :frowning:

Kinda hope the players had permission to be doing that - cuz if not, after this has been released - they dead now.

Because publicizing the problem might lead to calls to do something about it, which conflicts with US policy in this case of ignoring the problem and hoping it goes away. There’s plenty of evidence (including satellite imagery) that shows Russian military in, around and shooting at Ukraine if you look for it.

4 Likes

Their workers have better hats than our workers. When will we close the hat gap? Your call, Trump!

3 Likes