Norway tells military to return their undies and bras after service so new members can enjoy them

Originally published at: Norway tells military to return their undies and bras after service so new members can enjoy them | Boing Boing

3 Likes

What kinda Mickey Mouse outfit is that?

10 Likes

But are they tactical undies and bras?

9 Likes

There’s a very old good news bad news joke in there somewhere.

14 Likes

Maybe they’re trying a new funding stream–selling them on the internet?

2 Likes

“These ones are stained.”

“That’s how you know they saw some real action!”

12 Likes

Someone once stole my undies out of the apartment laundry. There was a trail going across the parking lot over to the fence. The police were amused. It’s a thing, I guess.

5 Likes

This reminds me of the old bumper sticker “wouldn’t it be nice if the Air Force had to have a bake sale to buy a new bomber, instead of our schools needing bake sales just to teach our kids?” Sounds like Norway is halfway there.

I wish the state of the US Armed Forces was similar: budgets so tight they can’t afford new underwear. Nope, instead, we’ve got the Pentagon not only begging Congress for budget increases, but figuring out more efficient ways to throw all that extra money into the weapons pit.

4 Likes

Probably this guy.

3 Likes

like these?

2 Likes

“Enjoy”

Im Horny Zach Galifianakis GIF

3 Likes

No Thank You Reaction GIF

5 Likes

They could solve this problem completely by training all of their new recruits as commandos.

18 Likes

Very ballsy move

5 Likes

In a crisis situation they have to keep it brief and fly by the seat of their pants.

7 Likes

What’s the big deal? When I did military service in Sweden we just handed in socks and underwear to laundry every week and we got back some that were, with luck, of approximately the same size. No way they bothered to keep track that we got the same ones back.

There was a tradition to pilfer a few pair of socks when leaving, because those were some good quality socks. Underwear, not so much.

6 Likes

It was the same in Finland. Some of the conscripts did use their own underwear (which was allowed) but I didn’t want to do my own laundry and used the normal system. I did find some extra ones and managed to keep a couple of the military underwear. This happened 24 years but they are still usable condition.

4 Likes

I mean, who among us hasn’t worn someone else’s underwear. Even if it belonged to the opposite gender?

OH, really? That many?

2 Likes

Well, since I’m not sure which of the many options is the opposite, I’m not sure how that would actually apply.

Edit to clarify.

1 Like