Norway women's beach handball team fined for wearing shorts instead of bikini bottoms

Budgie smuggler is an approved term acrost The Pond.

4 Likes

Ah but this is Beach Handball - which I didn’t know was even a thing.

And we all know that as soon as you play a sport on sand and call it “Beach” whatever, women have to wear tiny bikini bottoms and the regulations have to precisely specify exactly how much buttock must be on display AND ALSO exactly how much little must be covered.

2 Likes

My understanding is that while most nations have soccer as their number one sport, you could argue that they then divide into two separate camps with either rugby or handball as their number two ball game.

In other words, handball tends to replace rugby, not volley ball.

2 Likes

I’d agree, except the money would go to sexist fuckwits. Sigh.

3 Likes

Well, yeah, there’s that. But also, learning that they’ve been working on this since ‘06, it seems to me a small price to pay to finally get some coverage.
All this press will be well worth the cost of the fines, and maybe they will finally see a change!

8 Likes

thanks, but fyi –– thats not what I was thinking. I was assuming that handball was another name for volleyball, meaning handball = volleyball. I did not realize that it was a completely different sport, and having no sports-radar I did not even know it existed.

1 Like

oh you mean they play this on sand too? Ok –– happy sports ball to you all. I’ll be in the shop.

4 Likes

I see what you did here!

5 Likes

I’m both incredibly jealous of those womens’ abs and incredibly annoyed that I’m even seeing them.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.