Not all CDB drops are created equal: I found the best

Here I was ready to be all set at 500ml for $40, but it’s mg, thus the bottle doesn’t look like a salon shampoo drafter either.

3 Likes

Thanks - that was the point.

1 Like

Organic, tested, and affordable: sunsoil.com - CBD 1200 milligrams in 60 ml = 20 milligrams per milliliter at $60. They had a sale in February at 50% off. I’ve used these for several months and they treat my chronic pain very well.

The other option is to buy either CBD-rich hemp (much more affordable) and make one’s own, for which there are plenty of resources online.

Because it does not contain the word ‘rocking’, apparently to mean ‘possessing’ or ‘offering’. It appears equally devoid of many of the other BBShop marketing bullshit terms.

2 Likes

The bottle I last bought was Sunsoil. I fell for the cinnamon flavor, which is pretty much hemp + cinnamon, very weird, green and hot at the same time, but I like it as a change from the unflavored that I usually buy. .5 gives me 3 hours of nearly no knee pain (on a 10 scale, it goes from being an 8 to only a 2 or 3) when doing stairways.
The only downside to using CBD oil for chronic pain is there is no ramp-down. One minute, your knees are like “no problem, I can go up those steps” then with no warning it’s back to “aaarrrggghhh” .

2 Likes

CBD is not snake oil and does not cure everything. However, it has strong anti-inflammatory properties and helps with pain, anxiety, and insomnia.

3 Likes

I wrote the testing process controll software for the largest vitamin and supplement company in the world, Rexal Sundown, 20 or so years ago. Early on during discovery I asked the scientist if the huge lab was where they tested things for efficacy. They informed me they were not interested in eficacy and only tested for short term danger. They basically listened to the unwashed masses to see what BS cure was bubbling up into people’s consciousness and tested a formula to make shure it did not hurt you in a way that could be traced back to them. The fact that they had me also write a piramid marketing system for a new like of shark cartillage based products to cure sports joint issues was also quite telling.

2 Likes

I am not implying that there are no qualities to cbd oil. I am stating that it is being claimed to cure or treat many many more things than have been even remotely proven and that makes it snake oil.

It might very well turn out that cbd is a fantastic drug to treat a few horrible ailements but the fact that the moronic DEA had it classified as Schedule 1 means that the amount of actual scientific data we have right now is in it’s infancy. Way too little to not only support all the claims but certainly for intelligent people to be experimenting with it unless they are literally out of options and in a horrible place medically with no other viable options. I don’t like being a gunnea pig for phone OSs much less chemicals.

4 Likes

The DEA’s classification is not based on science, it was a racist decision pushed by evangelicals in the early 1900s.

There is broad and substantial empirical evidence that CBD works. The reason more research into its properties has not occurred is political: Big Pharma does not like competition.

2 Likes

I might be wrong but I learned that it was a law actually directed at hemp to protect the timber industry in the US and weed was the red hering used to stoke racist fears of mexicans but the real target was the hemp and not the THC. The reason was not racism but cronyism. I was not, however speaking of it being made illegal but rather it being classified as schedule I wich rendered it illegal to even test for medicinal qualities, because it has no medicinal qualities wich happened much later and was particularly dissfunctional and paradoxical. I am pretty sure it was classified this way because it was a cheap, easy to produce hallucinogenic that was perceived to be an “entryway drug” to harder crap. That said, my point is about the relative lack of medical studies. I was under the impression that there was very little data. You say there is substantial empirical evidence. As someone who suffers from chronic joint pain, I would be very interested in your sources.

2 Likes

Be careful questioning the admins’ handling of ads here. You’ll find your posts “flagged by the community” for being offensive and removed. You might even end up with a suspended account if you’re lucky.

2 Likes

Oh no. No.
“CBD” is a cannabinoid, like THC. It’s found in cannabis plants. Technically all hemp plants belong to the sativa family. Know the difference between isolate, broad spectrum, and full-spectrum. Know which one you’re buying and why.

A) Hemp seed oil does not contain CBD. Hemp is a cannabis plant, man, that’s all. HEMP SEED OIL HAS NO CANNABINOIDS OR TERPENES. it should only be included as a carrier oil. Your extract should be made from the aerial parts (or the whole plant if an RSO).
B) look for certified third-party lab testing that includes pesticides and heavy metals. not some weird “best of” list that has likely been paid for. If it’s full-spectrum, ideally you can find out what strain the oil was produced from.
C) if you’re hesitant, stick to OGs in the hemp field like Bluebird or Charlotte’s Web (Stanley Bros). Lazarus Naturals is high quality but a cheaper price point (fairly bitter tho). Bluebird is especially great because they’re pharmaceutical grade.
D) don’t go for cheap. just don’t. it’s not worth it right now in a largely unregulated industry and there is A LOT of crap out there.
E) “Organic” does not mean grown without pesticides and never has. Organic doesn’t mean shit when it comes to hemp. Keep in mind that outdoor hemp is going to contain a lot more pesticides and heavy metals that are already present in the soil and water. This is why medical cannabis isn’t grown outside, and you should really expect the same from your hemp products.
F) Serving size is important. So is your metabolism and individual chemistry. 25mg CBD is the recommended size to start with by most manufacturers for anything therapeutic. If you do any kind of recreational, expect to have some tolerance. Any less may work for you if you’ve never used cannabis before, but probably won’t do shit if you have.
G) when it comes to full spectrum, strain is important too. some hemp strains have cannabinoid/terpene combos that make them more energizing than relaxing.
H) The number on the bottle is almost always the total amount in the bottle and not per serving. a 500mg 30ml bottle is only going to contain 15mg/ml. Might work if you have no tolerance and weight about 120.
I) no it’s not a placebo. people are just too lazy to learn about it and figure this stuff out.

J) if you’re a recreational user, I highly recommend mixing hemp strains with high THC strains. You’ll thank me…Just watch your CBD to THC ratio. The more CBD, the less of the “high”. Try 1:1 or 2:1 THC:CBD. FUN. It’s the spliff of the future™. If you find Pineberry hemp anywhere, ooo it’s such a GOOD mixer and tasty. Also Honolulu haze. (i prefer indicas).

5 Likes

I still always check the third party lab tests. In my experience, the premade stuff has waaay too little according to the lab results. Plus other herbs and crap that are just their to increase prices.

Yep, all this.

Super bummed Bluebird stopped shopping its vape to my homestate. They’re easily the best I’d found.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.