Not using turn signal = multiple probings of anus and vagina by police

Christ, what [invaders of] assholes!!!

1 Like

Somebody get this lady a lawyer, because there is no way on earth that she didnā€™t just suffer repeated sexual assault.

6 Likes

Imagine what they must do to brake-checkersā€¦

1 Like

Do cavity searches of random people EVER turn up contraband? It just seems like such a weird way for a non-incarcerated person to carry their drugs around. If youā€™re trying to smuggle something into prison, sure. But who just drives around town using their rectum as an extra pocket?

10 Likes

Maybe they were on their way to a prison.

1 Like

Getting to know you
Getting to all about you . . .

Sorry, my rage bucket filled up, and triggered a different set of brain cells to fire. Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t happen again.

3 Likes

The lawsuit already came. In December of last year. This is the court deciding to decline some chargesā€¦specifically anything against an individual instead of an organization. Only some of the charges against people stand in favor of more toothless police departments, government offices and the hospital. There are still a few against the cops, but they havenā€™t been decided yet.

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry but arenā€™t you supposed to wait til the third traffic stop and drinks before that?

ā€¦manā€¦ that sounded weak but justā€¦

Man i liked cyberpunk-dystopia when it was neuromancer and snow crash. Notā€¦ Wednesday.

3 Likes

I was reading about the case and saw the patch the police use as a logo in New Castleā€¦and it features the latin phrase ā€œIn hoc signo vincesā€. I didnā€™t know what that meant, so I looked it up and it means ā€œIn this sign you will conquer.ā€

What kind of slogan is that for a police department? I think I have an idea of the kind of attitude that goes on there if this is the message theyā€™re sending out. Perhaps this explains something about them. Yikes.

4 Likes

We donā€™t get the dystopia we want; we get the dystopia we deserve.

3 Likes

Why do we deserve this again?

Iā€™d say itā€™s more accurate: We donā€™t get the dystopia we want. We get the dystopia its creators want.

6 Likes

To me thatā€™s a larger concern than the police. Iā€™ve given up on the police. But medical professionals? Wow, what kind of excuse could they have for participating in this very rapey crap?

8 Likes

That might be an apt metaphor for the emotional damage such an experience could cause. We can poetically say that a victim is falsely imprisoned in a reality where they have to remember such violations by people who are supposed to prevent such violations from occurring and prosecute actual criminals who commit such violations rather than employing them.

1 Like

I can think of one:

ā€œthe police came in with their guns and told us to. We donā€™t have guns, and the police seem to like shooting people. So we decided not to put everyone in the hospital at risk of being shot by a gang of well-armed state-backed thugs and knuckled under.ā€

Seriously, the cops have guns, and theyā€™re never punished for misusing them. Therefore the cops can get pretty much anything they want.

4 Likes

Granted. But Iā€™ve also seen my 5ā€™3" wife chase the police out of her ICU. Most nurses and doctors I know are not afraid of the police in their own hospital.

11 Likes

From the Declaration of Geneva:

I will not use my medical knowledge to violate human rights and civil liberties, even under threat;

Seems like we should be holding doctors and nurses to this standard.

10 Likes

Sounds like we need more people like your wife to lay the beat down on braindead pigs who think they can ever ask hospital workers to probe people for contraband without any kind of warrant.

7 Likes

Iā€™ve told her before that the only thing that would be better than her would be two of her - and of course the inevitable death match which would follow because as she likes to say ā€œI donā€™t do sharingā€

7 Likes

Good fucking question.

We ā€œdeserveā€ it just because we had the nerve to be born into this particular society of ā€œcovertā€ corruption at this particular point in history?

2 Likes

Agreeing to undergo a cavity search, regular or not, on your terms, is still different from having one forced upon you while being illegally detained by people who might shoot you if you resist. So yeah, it wouldnā€™t be a big deal (comparatively) for the cops.

2 Likes